Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any ideas how to retrieve... (don't laugh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...a dropped M&M peanut into a hole under the driver's seat, apparently there is a large open area under the floor about the width of the car and 3 or 4 feet long.... NOW, every time I turn, accelerate or decelerate I can hear the M&P rolling around under the floor, IT IS SOOO ANNOYING!!! My initial thought is, take it to a supercharger and let the battery warm up to melt it but not sure that is the best solution from a sanitary perspective. My other thought is to take the drivers seat out to get a better look at it but it will most likely be pushed to one of the extremities of the cavity it is stuck in.

Does this mean that all the little pieces of gravel that my shoes picked up - will end up rolling back and forth forever in my car now?

I have the Maxpider mats, and gravel/stones just roll around on them (especially under more...liberal acceleration application).

Fuuuuuuuuu.....

I had a quarter slide into the rear heater duct on my S.

The mobile service guy said it sometimes requires the seat to be removed to get all the venting out.

I bought a borescope and spent hours identifying the problem and eventually managed to fish it out using a carefully shaped piece of metal, some double sided tape, and lots of luck. Did I mention hours and hours? this is how I spent Christmas vacation after listening to it for about 6 months.

Of course, this is an S. I haven't looked at the holes under the 3 seat.

I had a fossilized cheerio attached to a hard gob of glue rolling around inside an air duct beneath the driver's seat. This dated from the days when my daughter used glue guns and cheerios to make school projects (and she is now graduating college).
It rolled. It rattled. It drove me nuts.
I duct taped some plastic irrigation tubing to the nozzle of a vacuum cleaner, ran the seat full forward, fished the tube into the duct and switched on the machine. It took only a few stabs to suck that little sucker up.
Silence is golden.
Good luck!
Robin

I had a quarter slide into the rear heater duct on my S.

The mobile service guy said it sometimes requires the seat to be removed to get all the venting out.

I bought a borescope and spent hours identifying the problem and eventually managed to fish it out using a carefully shaped piece of metal, some double sided tape, and lots of luck. Did I mention hours and hours? this is how I spent Christmas vacation after listening to it for about 6 months.

Of course, this is an S. I haven't looked at the holes under the 3 seat.

Scopes are not that expensive. A quick search on Amazon turned this up:

https://smile.amazon.com/KinCam-Inspection-Waterproof-Semi-Rigid-Smartphones/dp/B07W5K92RL