Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any ideas how to retrieve... (don't laugh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...a dropped M&M peanut into a hole under the driver's seat, apparently there is a large open area under the floor about the width of the car and 3 or 4 feet long.... NOW, every time I turn, accelerate or decelerate I can hear the M&P rolling around under the floor, IT IS SOOO ANNOYING!!! My initial thought is, take it to a supercharger and let the battery warm up to melt it but not sure that is the best solution from a sanitary perspective. My other thought is to take the drivers seat out to get a better look at it but it will most likely be pushed to one of the extremities of the cavity it is stuck in.

Just leave the door ajar overnight and I'm sure a rat will get in there and eat if for you.

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
If you have a Harbor Freight near you, maybe you can try with a $4 snake tool.

10 ft. Spring-Steel Drain & Trap Cleaner

This snake is pretty small and flexible (only 3/16in in diameter but 10ft in length). If you wrap a small piece of duck tape as mentioned in an earlier post, you might be able to catch it by swinging it around then pull the M&M towards the opening.

How would you see the M&M with the product you linked?

Oh my god, for a month I keep hearing something rolling back and forth and everyday while turning, I would search the car and not find anything, then mysteriously it was just there, it was a skittle. Not sure what the chances of it falling in and then out where but it must explain why my days of searching resulted in finding nothin.

Oh my god, for a month I keep hearing something rolling back and forth and everyday while turning, I would search the car and not find anything, then mysteriously it was just there, it was a skittle. Not sure what the chances of it falling in and then out where but it must explain why my days of searching resulted in finding nothin.

That's interesting it could fall back out. I haven't looked at the hole yet but I imagined it to be a hole into a lower part of the frame. I guess that isn't the case? Because I don't see how it could bounce back up through the hole if it is. I really gotta look into this before it happens to me.

This post has some pictures show the car floor underneath the carpet, it may help you get some idea.
Sound Deadening Model 3
Interesting. So, there are small pockets underneath the carpet where items can get trapped in if there’s an uneven area in the carpet seam since it’s two separate pieces and not one continuous roll. Those two pieces of carpet should’ve been velcroed together from the factory to prevent these issues.

I have not heard the very soothing noise of an M&M rolling from side to side with every turn for 2 days now. I fear the worst, my M&M..... is gone.

Truth be told, I am not sure if it has been lodged somewhere or had the candy coating chipped away from the banging side to side and then melted. My son and I did look around the car floor and did not see an M&M so im guessing its still in the car in some capacity.

RIP M&M... you sometimes will always be missed...

I have not heard the very soothing noise of an M&M rolling from side to side with every turn for 2 days now. I fear the worst, my M&M..... is gone.

Truth be told, I am not sure if it has been lodged somewhere or had the candy coating chipped away from the banging side to side and then melted. My son and I did look around the car floor and did not see an M&M so im guessing its still in the car in some capacity.

RIP M&M... you sometimes will always be missed...

Don't be alarmed when the mouse hops on your shoulder and asks for another M&M. haha

• Funny
Reactions: C141medic
How big is the hole on the floor and is there only one spot with this problem? Ordered a Model 3 and wondering if there is any kind of mat/protective sheet I can put on top of that opening to prevent things falling through that hole.

How big is the hole on the floor and is there only one spot with this problem? Ordered a Model 3 and wondering if there is any kind of mat/protective sheet I can put on top of that opening to prevent things falling through that hole.

I think, but am not positive, that the opening is the rear floor vent for the HVAC system, so you wouldn't necessarily want to block it.