TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Any ideas to keep the 2nd seat cup holders from popping out from little feet?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by electricxnola, Sep 16, 2017.

1. electricxnola

electricxnola Member

My kids keep accidentally kicking the cup holders back there and I am afraid they will break it one of these days. Does anyone have a good hack or something that can be bought online? We use electrical tape but it looks a little shabby.

• Like x 1
  2. rjdoc74

rjdoc74 Member

My solution - packing scotch tape. They are useless anyway.

• Funny x 1
  3. KevinY

KevinY Member

I have the same problem and my kids like to use the cup holders as a step. I should probably tape mine closed too.

4. nambrosch

nambrosch New Member

i had my kid trip over the open cup holder (that they opened) today and now it doesn't auto-open. i need to get down in there with a flashlight to see if it's repairable by me or if i should just contact my service rep. anyone else have experience with it being stuck like that?

it's really nice otherwise, hopefully one day it will see some use.

5. b_rad

b_rad Member

Same thing happened to me but because of my dogs. Whenever they would rest their heads on the center armrest they would open the cupholders. Once it was open they thought it was a great step! One time I heard a unknown noise and closed it. Now it doesn't auto-open but isn't necessarily a bad thing at the moment. Usually it is just my dogs and 6 month old that is back there.