Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an appt with mobile service, but was just curious if anyone else has had this issue or ideas how to "fix" myself. Model S Plaid with software version 10.5.3 installed. App on iPhone was not communicating with vehicle (said last seen 6 days ago) and couldnt open doors/turn on climate control/etc. Other than that everything else was working fine: FSD beta/music streaming/etc. So logged out and reinstalled the app on the phone. Logged back in and same issue. Went to vehicle and did the "both scroll wheel" reboot. When vehicle rebooted, this is where it gets interesting. After the reboot I had dropped back to software version 10.5.1 and lost all profiles/homelink/etc. I am now getting an alert that Nav data cannot be located and FSD beta is disabled. Can't log in to music streaming with my telsa account (says username and pw is incorrect). Tried to do a factor reset but again says username and password is incorrect. And to top all of that off, the app is still not communicating with the vehicle. I have done scroll wheel reboots previously, and it never deleted profiles/homelink settings. Any ideas? Thanks!

I have an appt with mobile service, but was just curious if anyone else has had this issue or ideas how to "fix" myself. Model S Plaid with software version 10.5.3 installed. App on iPhone was not communicating with vehicle (said last seen 6 days ago) and couldnt open doors/turn on climate control/etc. Other than that everything else was working fine: FSD beta/music streaming/etc. So logged out and reinstalled the app on the phone. Logged back in and same issue. Went to vehicle and did the "both scroll wheel" reboot. When vehicle rebooted, this is where it gets interesting. After the reboot I had dropped back to software version 10.5.1 and lost all profiles/homelink/etc. I am now getting an alert that Nav data cannot be located and FSD beta is disabled. Can't log in to music streaming with my telsa account (says username and pw is incorrect). Tried to do a factor reset but again says username and password is incorrect. And to top all of that off, the app is still not communicating with the vehicle. I have done scroll wheel reboots previously, and it never deleted profiles/homelink settings. Any ideas? Thanks!
Looks and sounds like you had the bug in the firmware where the car factory resets. Been around for almost a year now. And clearly they have no idea how to fix it. I forget the Tesla software version that was causing this about a month ago, but it was rampant. There were four or five Model S LR and Plaids that got struck by this as well.

What happens with the app is the technical heartbeat between the car and mobile app needs to be re-established. Mobile (or not) service will re-install the firmware and connect the car back to your phone. You will probably have to log out and back into the app during that process.

Sucks that this bug is still out there.