Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any improvements to USB music playback in V10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hope there are. The ability to ACTUALLY REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS PLAYING FOR ONCE would be epic. Lol. Also, playlist support? Hello? Tesla? It’s almost the year 2020, and we can’t have playlist support? In such an awesome vehicle, these things annoy the hell out of me on a daily basis. Please fix.

Sadly there is no multichannel FLAC support and doubt there has been any other improvements to USB media playing. Some things I wish they would incorporate.

1. Multichannel FLAC (surround mixes). I mean we can play fart sounds in any speaker now right?
2. More lossless file support (ALAC, AIFF, DSD etc)
3. Gapless playback
4. Playlist support
5. Shuffle play based on genre/decade/etc
6. Detailed information of the media playing
7. Custom EQ settings for different music styles (Rock, Jazz, Classical etc)
8. Just remember if I was playing from USB

I’m sure there are more.

Sadly there is no multichannel FLAC support and doubt there has been any other improvements to USB media playing. Some things I wish they would incorporate.

1. Multichannel FLAC (surround mixes). I mean we can play fart sounds in any speaker now right?
2. More lossless file support (ALAC, AIFF, DSD etc)
3. Gapless playback
4. Playlist support
5. Shuffle play based on genre/decade/etc
6. Detailed information of the media playing
7. Custom EQ settings for different music styles (Rock, Jazz, Classical etc)
8. Just remember if I was playing from USB

I’m sure there are more.
That's a really good list! After every single update I get, I send tesla an itemized list of things that still need to get improved with the USB audio system - it's my preferred music delivery method, and they promised me it would be fully capable eventually when I bought the car.

One thing I'll note - if you use an ssd, formatted with ext4, the car seems to always remember where it is currently. At least since the version right before v10 came out, it hasn't lost it's spot yet for me. It was indeed pretty bad before that.

Totally agree on multichannel flac. That what I miss most from my Acura ELS system. We've got this great sounding 5.1 system that can't decode 5.1 flacs! Very frustrating. v10 does apparently support surround sound through Netflix so there's still hope.

Totally agree on multichannel flac. That what I miss most from my Acura ELS system. We've got this great sounding 5.1 system that can't decode 5.1 flacs! Very frustrating. v10 does apparently support surround sound through Netflix so there's still hope.

Just tested this, still not working in v10 :(

I would encourage everyone to request this from customer service! It would be so awesome but I imagine they don't think anyone would even notice if they added it.

Note: When I went to do so last week I could not request through the customer service email, had to go through the owner's portal. That seems to be the new method for bug reports/feature requests other than in-car.

Reactions: superblast