Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Indy area owners of '13-'14 MS willing to let me check it out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I'm looking at EVs under $30k and have considered a used MS. I've seen a few older and high mileage MS (mostly S60's) in that range, but they're all pretty far out of state. I've never ridden in -- let alone driven -- a Model S, so it makes it tough to pull the trigger. I see a 2013 on Turo, but it's $150/day. There's another at a dealer in Lebanon, but they want me to get preapproved for a loan before they even let me test it. I could do that, but it seems like a hassle since I'm just starting to test different makes and models. Soooo...if I could meet up with a kind soul from TMC rather than mess with a dealer, that would be pretty great. Happy to buy you lunch, Starbucks, an adult beverage or whatever floats your boat...and of course reimburse your mileage. I know this is a total shot in the dark, but I thought I'd check.

Good luck to you on your search, I would imagine that finding a 2013 or 2014 in your area could be a challenge. There weren't nearly as many of those cars made/sold as they later years.

There are probably a bunch of YouTube videos out there to show you differences between an older car and the newer ones...but off the top of my head here goes:

The seats will be a bit different, the front nose looks different, no center console. The instrument cluster behind the steering wheel looks different. You'll have a bigger front trunk.

They are great cars though. I know someone with a 2012 MS that he bought new and now has over 250,000 miles on it...still going strong.

Go down to the service center at Castleton at opening time. They've got some older model loaners.

Thanks to both of you for the replies! I actually stopped by the Castleton store yesterday, but the guy at the front seemed clueless on this point. He was happy to let me look inside his own MS, but he didn't allow me to get in or drive it, and he didn't suggest any others. I think he was maybe filling in or new or something because he was super nervous. Perhaps I just got unlucky...

Thanks to both of you for the replies! I actually stopped by the Castleton store yesterday, but the guy at the front seemed clueless on this point. He was happy to let me look inside his own MS, but he didn't allow me to get in or drive it, and he didn't suggest any others. I think he was maybe filling in or new or something because he was super nervous. Perhaps I just got unlucky...

They have them in the loaner fleet. Just have to show up to the service center when they're not out.