TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any information about starting a TMC club?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Lsquared, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Lsquared

Lsquared Member

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to start up a local TMC club, but am running up against difficulties. I found the page giving info on it, at:
    About - Tesla Motors Club

On that page, it says:

How to create/become a TMC Partner Club?
    It’s free and simple! Becoming and staying a Partner Club requires no fees or contract.

Requirements for Partner Clubs are as follows:

• Create and maintain a TMC Group for your club on the TMC website
    • Encourage your club’s members to join your club’s TMC Group and/or Use your TMC Group’s Forum section as your your club’s primary online discussion solution
    • Post all club events to your TMC Group’s Events section
    • Respect and abide by TMC’s Terms of Service
    If you haven’t already, please create a TMC Group for your club here: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/groups/create

If you would like your club recognized as a TMC Partner Club, please fill out the following form: Partner Club Form

However, when I try to use the link for creating a group on TMC, namely:
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/groups/create

I repeatedly get an error message saying:

Tesla Motors Club - Error
    The requested page could not be found.

Specifically, I've tried this on several different days. Likewise, when I click on the button for "Groups" or enter its URL, namely:
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/groups/

I get the same error message as above.

So, I'm not sure how to create a TMC club.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Best,

Les

2. swaltner

swaltner Active Member

I don’t know the answer to this, but the Midwest forum isn’t the best location for it. A better location would be General Forum -> Site Feedback

3. Lsquared

Lsquared Member

Thanks @swaltner ! I originally thought of sending this to the Midwest forum, because I'm trying to create a TMC club in the Midwest. However, after writing it, I realized that the real issue was only the need for tech support. So, I sent the same message to TMC Tech Support, and they gave me some help. I can now create a group. However, "Groups" are, as a whole, currently not available. So, it is not much use. I'll wait till they finish the work on "Groups" before trying to start one, and then a TMC club.