Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any insight on what will be revealed on Battery Day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April is around the corner, do we have any insight on what will be presented?

i.e rumors state new packs for the X and S - any of that true and if yes thoughts on when we they'll be available?

I predict they will discuss battery improvements.

Sorry, but I think it will be hard for anybody to say much more than that...Tesla is good at keeping things under wraps. Anything else (including from me below) is pure speculation.

At the time they announced, I don't think they were hunting for capital, so I don't think they'd have a reason to bother announcing something really long-term now. Unless, maybe they are announcing a new factory to make batteries to sell to other automakers, or something along those lines? They would want to announce that a ways out for planning purposes.

If it's an improvement going in to Tesla's existing vehicles, I would assume they'd want to avoid Osborning their current vehicles, and have it available ASAP. But it seems anything coming really soon would be small, like maybe 10%, especially given that they just started shipping a brand-new vehicle with (presumably) the old batteries.

Of course it would be fantastic if they announced 500-mile batteries that don't degrade and are available now for no price or weight increase...but, yeah, not expecting anything like that at all. Perhaps they could announce a major improvement in one area that would be suitable for, say, semi and cybertruck batteries, but that wouldn't be as suitable for some other reason (who knows what, but batteries have many tradeoffs - price, energy density, power density, source material security and recyclability, input/output rates, heat sensitivity, safety, longevity, etc) in existing cars.

It could even have nothing to do with car batteries, and be about Powerwalls...

So many possibilities. Given the large number of bad guesses we've made on these forums about past reveals, maybe the best thing is to just sit tight and await the surprise.

Last edited:
i think they announced it will be streamed live.
Past Tesla events have been streamed live as well, but they were held before an invited, live audience. After the presentation, they may take questions from members of the live audience. I'm saying this time they may have to dispense with the live audience and just do the streaming.