Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any insight to these battery errors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3. Car seems to drive fine. Only things I've noticed that do not work are phone charger and dashcam. Hoping its just the 12v? Also for what its worth I'm still on V10.

Attachments

• PXL_20220506_130322612.jpg
    PXL_20220506_130322612.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 90
Topping off your windshield washer reservoir should take care of all your electrical problems :).

I received my Model 3 in July 2018; so almost 4 years now. Have over 23K miles on it with the original 12V battery. So far <knock on wood> no problems / warning messages about the battery but I suppose I should be concerned. I was looking into going the Ohmmu route but with the second time an update to the car's software also requiring an update to the Ohmmu battery management system (and the high cost of that battery compared to the factory one), I'm leaning towards replacing the battery with a factory lead-acid every 3-4 years.

I'm probably going to wait another two months before deciding to replace the 12V battery. I believe it will then still be covered by the 4 year / 50K mile original warranty. If it dies during that time, great. If not, then I'll pay the $140 or so to have mobile service come out and put a new one in. While the cover is off it will be a good time to see if I can finally install the 12V accessory outlet in my frunk.

When the 12V battery went in our December 2018 Model 3, it happened quickly and the car couldn’t be driven. Only about 10k miles. Better not to wait until it dies, because it might be inconvenient. If service determines the battery is going, they’ll replace it under warranty.

When the 12V battery went in our December 2018 Model 3, it happened quickly and the car couldn’t be driven. Only about 10k miles. Better not to wait until it dies, because it might be inconvenient. If service determines the battery is going, they’ll replace it under warranty.

Yeah, I remember your 12V thread, it seemed like your 12V went really quick once you got the warning: