Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Interest in JdeMo Bulk Buy?

Would you go in on a JdeMo bulk buy?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would love to see Tesla work with Tony to make this an "approved" aftermarket upgrade, but that seems pretty remote.
I had a similar issue at the Torrance SC when I took my car in for a basic annual service after having mine installed. I explained the principle of the system basically being a mechanism that fooled the car into thinking it was going down a giant mountain but that wasn't good enough. I ended up asking @TonyWilliams to call Anthony (who's sadly no longer on Roadster duty :() and the two of them talked shop. My car was given an exception and there were no concerns flagged during subsequent visits to Torrance. I suspect, however, with Anthony no longer there to explain the system to his successors that I would run into the same situation as @ViperDoc.

So, DC fast charge your Roadster when you need to, but not all the time, and your battery will be fine.
Exactly this. There's ample CHAdeMO DCFC infrastructure available throughout SoCal but I only take advantage of it if I have to; otherwise it's home charging at 24A on my L2 for the day-to-day. JdeMO (and DCFC in general) simply affords you the piece of mind that you can be back and on your way with close to a full charge in < 1hr. It's certainly luxurious but very much welcome :)

I had a similar issue at the Torrance SC when I took my car in for a basic annual service after having mine installed. I explained the principle of the system basically being a mechanism that fooled the car into thinking it was going down a giant mountain but that wasn't good enough. I ended up asking @TonyWilliams to call Anthony (who's sadly no longer on Roadster duty :() and the two of them talked shop. My car was given an exception and there were no concerns flagged during subsequent visits to Torrance. I suspect, however, with Anthony no longer there to explain the system to his successors that I would run into the same situation as @ViperDoc.

Exactly this. There's ample CHAdeMO DCFC infrastructure available throughout SoCal but I only take advantage of it if I have to; otherwise it's home charging at 24A on my L2 for the day-to-day. JdeMO (and DCFC in general) simply affords you the piece of mind that you can be back and on your way with close to a full charge in < 1hr. It's certainly luxurious but very much welcome :)

i had this same issue at Berkeley SC when i wanted a firmware flash to set the flag for the single motor / dual fan upgrade i did. :rolleyes:

finally the regional service manager got involved and i signed a release of liability waiver, if the JdeMO caused my car to implode while flashing firmware ;)

i had this same issue at Berkeley SC when i wanted a firmware flash to set the flag for the single motor / dual fan upgrade i did. :rolleyes:

finally the regional service manager got involved and i signed a release of liability waiver, if the JdeMO caused my car to implode while flashing firmware ;)

I'm just convinced that the service centers, and Tesla as a whole, have no desire to work on Roadsters. If the wind is blowing the wrong direction they'll say they can't work on them. Just an excuse.

Reactions: Sbax and drewski
I just had my AC rad replaced and while I was at the service station I mentioned I was going to put my jdemo charger on and would they have an issue with it. The service manager was very interested checking it out and wants me to bring it by when it’s fitted so the tech’s can be familiar with it. It’s crazy how different SC have different attitudes.

Reactions: IslandRoadster
I just had my AC rad replaced and while I was at the service station I mentioned I was going to put my jdemo charger on and would they have an issue with it. The service manager was very interested checking it out and wants me to bring it by when it’s fitted so the tech’s can be familiar with it. It’s crazy how different SC have different attitudes.
Sounds like you've got a decent service manager!