Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any interior dB readings for 2020?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems pretty quiet to me. :)

IMG_1362.jpg

Oh, you meant while it was moving. :D

I’m considering a Model 3 for my next car. Love many aspects, but read a lot about interior noise complaints. I know there were reports of improved sound starting from last October production, but I have not been able to find any updated dB readings for newer cars. Has anyone tested the dB of the interior since the update? I will try to do this myself once I’m able to test drive again once the COVID-19 situation settles down.

Thanks
You definitely hear the road more but that’s mostly because there’s no engine noise to down it out. Also this is built to be a true sports sedan vs a Lexus or Genesis.

You definitely hear the road more but that’s mostly because there’s no engine noise to down it out. Also this is built to be a true sports sedan vs a Lexus or Genesis.

What car do you own that makes engine noise cruising down the freeway? I have owned a lot of ICE cars, and unless it was a sports car with an aftermarket louder exhaust, you couldn’t hear the engine at normal cruise.

Reactions: polyphonic54
Try this in the gap at the A-pillar/fenders: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NHL17BC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I stuffed it in those spots and it seems to reduce some wind noise at 70+mph. My 2020 is quiet with the exception of wind noise around the top of the windshield at 70+mph. I did install that tubing at the glass gap at the top but it flew off a few days after installation.
I just bought the same Tesla and I'm also getting 85db on rough surfaces. It's a major drag. I just spent $1400 on Hankook tires and no real difference. Do you still own your Tesla? Or did the road noise become unbearable?