Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any issue off charge for extended time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will see quite a bit of vampire drain (and assuming you turn off any of the energy consuming items and don't ping the car too often when away). Any chance you can plug it in somewhere (even on 120V) and set the charge to 50% (what Tesla recommends for long term storage)?

Thank you all. Just like everything else with Tesla, there seems to be greater detail outside of the manual. But, in reading the battery section, it does make me more comfortable (as long as I don’t push it):
Situations can arise in which you must leave Model 3 unplugged for an extended period of time (for example, at an airport when traveling). In these situations, keep the 1% (drain rate )in mind to ensure that you leave the Battery with a sufficient charge level. For example, over a two week period (14 days), the Battery may discharge by approximately 14%”.
Sufficient charge level seems to be above 0, enough to run the car functions while away. However, thanks to the advise from TexasEV, it made me think to pick up the phone and call Tesla’s 24/7 hotline to gain a deeper dive into their recommendations- thoughts on letting it drain below 100 miles? Below 75? Etc...
I appreciate y’all’s time in responding!

Sufficient charge level seems to be above 0, enough to run the car functions while away. However, thanks to the advise from TexasEV, it made me think to pick up the phone and call Tesla’s 24/7 hotline to gain a deeper dive into their recommendations- thoughts on letting it drain below 100 miles? Below 75? Etc...
I appreciate y’all’s time in responding!
Not 0, sufficient charge level is what will get you home with a safe margin.