Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any issue with mixing non-OEM Pilot Sport 4S tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a puncture in one of my M3P's rear tires, and because I didn't know any better, I plugged it on the spot (rope-style plug) rather than towing to a repair shop. Now I find that no one will do a more permanent patch & plug now that I've done that, so I'm stuck either hoping the plug holds (seems like a good chance from what I see online), or replace it. But since the rear tires are still at 5-6/32", I don't quite want to replace both with new tires. Would I have any issue buying a used Pilot Sport 4S tire and replacing just the one tire?

I found a deal for one with 8/32" left for $175 so I'd love to use that if I can. But I don't know if pairing a 8/32" with a 6/32" is a good idea or not. Any advice on using the 4S vs the 4S AC, and whether 2/32" is too much of a difference? Or even if trusting the plug long-term is an option? This is my first time not being able to have a flat repaired so I'm learning here.