Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any issues with Tesla when wanting to modify order after confirmation???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed order on Tuesday the 15th for a January delivery online. I ordered a P85/ 19 wheels/ air/ tech/leather/prem sound/fog/parking/

Today i had my test drive here in so cal and after the drive i was told by sales that i didn't need fog lights in LA and if i wasnt a huge audiophile no need for the premium sound...i can always stream xm from my iphone and it will work on the regular sound system... which is why i went for the premium sound.

Now i called Tesla this afternoon ( no more than 2 days) after confirm) to say i'd like to modify my order by taking off the fog lights and premium sound.

The tesla rep told me that it was too late and i was stuck with my order. The reason being that they have already sourced my parts.

Now i find it curious that if i had placed my order for a 60 and 2 days later wanted to upgrade to the 85 they would gladly do that...and not tell me that i'm stuck with the 60 that no one wants. Clearly for an upgrade they will restock product...but not if i want to reduce a couple of items that to me seem like it has no material impact on the fabrication of the car 2 days after the confirm.

It seems very small minded for Tesla customer service to dissapoint a brand new customer shelling out 90K plus over asking to remove 3K worth of options It has definitely left me with a bad taste in my mouth and i haven't even received the vehicle!!

As soon as i got off the phone with the sales rep after I said she should seriously find a mgr or someone higher up to discuss this with...she said she would, but it was their policy to not alter after confirmation. She assured me i would hear from them tomorrow. I almost want to cancel and lose the deposit! And i love the ffffng car!

any body else have an issue like this?
icon9.gif