Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a few small issues:

1) Charge port door sits proud a tiny bit. it is really not bad but I will try to get it fixed.
2) The top section of the drive selector stock keeps lifting up a bit. Almost like it isn't snapped down enough or glued down enough. I can press it back down to the proper amount but it slowly lifts back up. Probably only lifts about 2 or 3 mm, but enough for the driver to notice.
3) Lower storage compartment in truck is crinkled like a poster above me described.
4) I have lost LTE coverage two or three times in areas that I ought to have coverage. Rebooting did not help.

I have not reported any of these issues yet. Do I just call the service 1-877 number or do I call a service centre?
We need to get together and compare cars. I don't think mine had any issues, but it'd be nice to compare them.

When I picked up mine 2 months ago I did not have any issues besides the navigation being stuck in LA. Took a good 4 hours for it to correct itself. I had also asked them to fully charge the car as I had 200+ miles to get home which they did. So I was and still am very happy.

Same for me. I picked up mine yesterday and the navigation was in CA for about 5 hours before everything went back automatically. Aside that, I'm thrilled.

1) Charge port door sits proud a tiny bit. it is really not bad but I will try to get it fixed.
2) The top section of the drive selector stock keeps lifting up a bit. Almost like it isn't snapped down enough or glued down enough. I can press it back down to the proper amount but it slowly lifts back up. Probably only lifts about 2 or 3 mm, but enough for the driver to notice.
3) Lower storage compartment in truck is crinkled like a poster above me described.
4) I have lost LTE coverage two or three times in areas that I ought to have coverage. Rebooting did not help.

I have not reported any of these issues yet. Do I just call the service 1-877 number or do I call a service centre?

I went through my DA.

I have the same issue with LTE but assumed it was just bad reception or software issues.

I guess I should add the Drive Selector issue and LTE issue to my list as well.

Ive got a really really annoying rattle coming somewhere from my dash. I drove the car to work (downtown) and back and it was driving me insane as the rattle was constant and loud. Dont know the cause but will need to stop by the SC on Lawrence to have it checked out.

20180601_195143.jpg
So this just happened....20180601_195143.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: McFlurri
Probably more expensive than most hoods.

Doesn't it feel cheap tho? I mean coke cans are made of aluminum and they're quite easily crushed. I had this feeling initially, then I spent some time reading the owners manual today, and I came upon the section where it advised using two hands to close the hood, and to not close the hood at the edge as either of these actions could potentially damage the hood. What the hell lol...

No major issue on ours. No issue with fit and finish.

We found a couple of scratches on the plastic trim inside the rear trunk, which the DS marked down for replacement later.

We were worried about the low VIN (138##) for our silver metallic Aero, but its build date was 05/18 and it came with gen 2 seats. The vegan leather is much better on the M3, than our MX.

We are absolutely thrilled with the car. Just wanted to get that out first because I was smiling from ear to ear on the drive home.

The Gen 2 seats, front and back, are *much* better than the Gen 1 seats.

Negatives
  1. paint chips on the edge of the driver side fender
  2. two obvious 1cm scratches in the central sun roof, outside
  3. misaligned charge port
  4. rear trunk well bottom is scrunched up
  5. plastic abraded on the top edge of the rear passenger side reflector (the not-charge-port)
  6. driver side A pillar covering lose (like many others)
  7. No scale model
  8. No cream for the free coffee. They were out getting more, but we were done before it arrived.
All noted by Tesla delivery rep, and we were assured that they would be addressed.