Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine does this and it really tweaks my OCD. I pulled it off and have tried a two different double sided tape to get it to stick better. The inside part has a little plastic piece that does not appear to properly latch. I've improved it so it doesn't come up as high but its still higher than the signal arm on the left.
called tesla Oakville about this its very common and they will fix it, takes 5 minutes.

Issues so far (1 day in):
- Hood has what looks like a small dent in it. Delivery advisor said it’s some paint defect that needs to be dealt with later.
- rear passenger’s window has a small scratch on it. Also needs replacing.
- Drivers door leather at the top by the window has some bubbling, also not sure how they fix this, but it likely will need to be replaced.
- the mesh material at the furthest part of the dash (closest to the window) has 2 sections near the middle that are a bit crumpled. Didn’t notice it in the full sun, but can see it with some shade or contrasting lighting.
- Internet connection died 2x in day one. Had to restart centre console for it to come back.
- not sure if this is an issue or coincidence, but music has a split second skip/pause sometimes when you go over a bigger bump on the road.

Overall it’s a great car. A few things that need to be dealt with, but still smiling. Condition of the detailing was questionable: passenger window was dirty, lots of dust and some minor stains on the seats/cloth. Never had a car of this price, but I’d have expected better overall. Delivered at the IC, on what I believe was their last day of deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Picking up my 3 shortly. Surprised that the trunk lid isn't power operated. Virtually every car has that.

Actually, the Model 3 trunk lid IS power operated. The controls to open the trunk lid, the frunk lid, and the charge port lid are on the main car diagram on the touchscreen, as represented by the OPEN graphics for those areas. Touching the trunk's OPEN graphic powers the rear trunk lid to pop open and the graphic changes to OPENED. However, the lid will need to be raised manually.

• Funny
Reactions: akidesir
Actually, the Model 3 trunk lid IS power operated. The controls to open the trunk lid, the frunk lid, and the charge port lid are on the main car diagram on the touchscreen, as represented by the OPEN graphics for those areas. Touching the trunk's OPEN graphic powers the rear trunk lid to pop open and the graphic changes to OPENED. However, the lid will need to be raised manually.

Sure, but I think what we’re talking about is a motorized trunk lid that raises and lowers on its own when activated with a button. Necessary? Not at all. Nice to have as part of a premium upgrade package? Yes please.

Sure, but I think what we’re talking about is a motorized trunk lid that raises and lowers on its own when activated with a button. Necessary? Not at all. Nice to have as part of a premium upgrade package? Yes please.

Yes, a motor to fully open and close the trunk lid should already be there; appearances matter in a luxury car like this. Maybe next year's model will have this feature, with a fob that opens the driver and passenger doors automatically and open/close/lock the rear trunk lid with the press of a button, like in my Porsche SUV. Would be nice!

Yes, a motor to fully open and close the trunk lid should already be there; appearances matter in a luxury car like this. Maybe next year's model will have this feature, with a fob that opens the driver and passenger doors automatically and open/close/lock the rear trunk lid with the press of a button, like in my Porsche SUV. Would be nice!
So.. you want the Model X then.. lol

• Disagree
Reactions: noicepls