Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have a little bit of a rough edge on the wood like dash portion just above the steering wheel? I’m sure a little sandpaper would fix but will probably add to list of complaints. Also having LTE issue

32B4A047-8B24-4B11-B690-4E2D7D8622BF.jpeg
F225094E-F99A-4562-97D8-F737D151BE96.jpeg

I've had the LTE issue and have also noted the issue with the drive selector top cover.

I have had somewhat of a larger issue when using my phone as the "key" for the vehicle. This has happened 3 times now since pick-up on Friday.
- Vehicle fails to recognize that I'm standing beside the car with my phone in my hand, and won't unlock when I try the driver door handle.
- It will however unlock if I press the "unlock" button on the phone app
- Once inside, stepping on the brake does nothing. Car won't turn on and won't go into drive or reverse
- Have to press the "start" button on the phone app a couple of times and then am able to put the car in gear

Anyone else experience anything similar?

I've had the LTE issue and have also noted the issue with the drive selector top cover.

I have had somewhat of a larger issue when using my phone as the "key" for the vehicle. This has happened 3 times now since pick-up on Friday.
- Vehicle fails to recognize that I'm standing beside the car with my phone in my hand, and won't unlock when I try the driver door handle.
- It will however unlock if I press the "unlock" button on the phone app
- Once inside, stepping on the brake does nothing. Car won't turn on and won't go into drive or reverse
- Have to press the "start" button on the phone app a couple of times and then am able to put the car in gear

Anyone else experience anything similar?

What phone type/model would be helpful.

I got my red beauty last night.(Saturday June 2nd) This morning when I moved it there was a stain on the garage floor. I wonder what is this. Could be from the air conditioner? Or my red beauty pee herself? Also looks like a little scratch on the screen.

Last edited:
Anyone have their charger door cover fixed? Mine's not flush with the rest of the taillight, I went to Tesla @ Lawrence and they pretty much said they can't do anything and they've looked at a bunch of 3's and there is no fix for it, it's the way it is. Doesn't sound right to me

One additional thing I've noticed is that my charge port does not sit flush with the body.

My Charge port door also doesn't sit flush.

1) Charge port door sits proud a tiny bit. it is really not bad but I will try to get it fixed.

Anyone have their charger door cover fixed? Mine's not flush with the rest of the taillight,

People have been saying this since deliveries started and Tesla says that the charge port door is as designed, it isn't supposed to be flush.

Paint issues in a few areas.

Not just surface scratches, one lip it's bare metal.

Have an appointment at Excellence next week to assess.

Spoken with Lawrence SC and they've confirmed it's under warranty and will be taken care of at no cost to me.

Random steering column vibration, but google seems to indicate lane deviation warning, so will keep monitoring.

Everything else has been great otherwise.

Anyone have their charger door cover fixed? Mine's not flush with the rest of the taillight, I went to Tesla @ Lawrence and they pretty much said they can't do anything and they've looked at a bunch of 3's and there is no fix for it, it's the way it is. Doesn't sound right to me

On mine the gap is off by a bit, its not perfect. When i get the car back from the detail shop, i'm going to give tesla a call as well.
Let us know if anyone has had this issue resolved at tesla.

1. Driver side trunk lid light is miss aligned (noted at SC, appointment next Thursday at Lawrence).
2. Passenger side A pillar has dirty/oily finger print and a slash in the fabric (same above appointment).

NEW

3. Driver side small triangle glass is chipped (not an issue yet? - Will report during appointment).
4. Driver side door hinge has exposed metal (not an issue? - Will report during appointment).

Self inflicted wounds

5. Found a small paint chip in the front bumper, I thought going through local roads would prevent this :(.

6. While removing Tesla logos front and rear to polish and PPF, the rear's curve made it difficult and I managed to chip the paint because I was impatient with the fishing wire. The paint is really soft, please be careful if you plan on doing the same / changing the logo to a customer decal.

I am not picky on any cosmetic issues.Here is my functional issues so far:

1. Air conditioning stop working right after my delivery. But it comes back automatically, and it seems fine since. Took it to Lawrence, and technician said nothing wrong.

2. Backup camera give me a black screen sometimes. Reset the display fixed issue. Did not happen since resret.

3. Vampire battery degrades, yesterday I parked my car under the sun outside is about 27 C. It loses about 4km per hour. Moved the car inside, and then received 21.9 Upgrade. It now loses 2km over night. Looks okay it keeps that rate. Not sure if it is hot outside or new software fixed problem.

Except those, the car is fun to drive and the best car I ever have. (I had BMW 3, BMW X1 plug-in hybrid, Nissan Leaf , Lexus RX Subaru Forester, etc).

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC