Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 for about 2 months and I just love it. It so easy and fun to drive, so quiet. Weird software things come and go with updates so I don't pay much attention. It has all the hardware for full self driving: HOW COOL! It's getting better!

The media says Tesla drivers are so loyal they forgive problems. That's not true. I love the driving, the looks, the technology, the future so much that I simply don't have time to notice any problems.

• Love
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I've had my M3 for about 2 months and I just love it. It so easy and fun to drive, so quiet. Weird software things come and go with updates so I don't pay much attention. It has all the hardware for full self driving: HOW COOL! It's getting better!

The media says Tesla drivers are so loyal they forgive problems. That's not true. I love the driving, the looks, the technology, the future so much that I simply don't have time to notice any problems.
Mine has quite a bit of road noises than expected. Do you have 19" wheel?

I had pretty bad battery drain overnight. I'm pretty sure I went to bed with 350km and woke up to 336km left of range. ( I leave my car underground in a parking garage).

And then today outside in the sun at the GO, It dropped another 10km of range left from all day). I'll check the app before I go to bed to see what range is left since I last looked when I got home w/ 310km of range left. (don't want to keep 'waking' up the car with the phone app)

I have a scratch on the centre console when I got the car and my driver door is misaligned. Seeing if those can be fixed by Tesla.

Found another issue. LTE will suddenly disappear and will not comes back. I have to reset the screen for LTE to comes back. It happens twice since I have got the car on June 1.

Have lost LTE several times, had to reset the computer to get it working again.

After 24 fun-filled hours with the car, I'm sad to say that my LTE is gone and screen is black essentially all the time, other than flickering on for about 10 seconds every so often. Have reset the display by holding the two scroll wheels as per instructions from Roadside Assistance and also, in one of the tiny 10 second windows, was able to push the power off button on the screen. Unfortunately, that didn't do anything - still black screen, with occasional 10 seconds of screen on but no LTE.

Roadside Assistance say the only other fix is to tow it to the Service Centre on the mainland.

:(

After 24 fun-filled hours with the car, I'm sad to say that my LTE is gone and screen is black essentially all the time, other than flickering on for about 10 seconds every so often.

So sorry to hear that, Kira. Are you in places with coverage by Rogers? Tesla uses AT&T that roams on Rogers in Canada (at least in my S) and I find it's not great coverage. Could that be the problem depending on where you are on the Island? I just spent the weekend with no coverage in the interior with my 3, but in the City I can get full bars on the LTE in my 3, and only have a few bars at most in my S. I thought they much improved the reception in the 3 but you likely have an antenna or other issue. Hopefully they fix it fast!

Loss of connectivity is common in BC but not when you travel through the States. Then it works great, at least in my experience.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kira
So sorry to hear that, Kira. Are you in places with coverage by Rogers? Tesla uses AT&T that roams on Rogers in Canada (at least in my S) and I find it's not great coverage. Could that be the problem depending on where you are on the Island? I just spent the weekend with no coverage in the interior with my 3, but in the City I can get full bars on the LTE in my 3, and only have a few bars at most in my S. I thought they much improved the reception in the 3 but you likely have an antenna or other issue. Hopefully they fix it fast!

Loss of connectivity is common in BC but not when you travel through the States. Then it works great, at least in my experience.

We have cell service with Rogers, so I bet you are right! Got the car home in spite of driving with a black screen, had a shower, then looked at the Tesla App on my phone and it actually woke up! Guessed that was a good sign so came out to the car and, sure enough, screen came on and I have 3 / 5 bars of LTE. Hopefully it sticks!

Reactions: Yooner and Canuck
Mine as well (and probably,y everyone else’s). Nothing at all on my car to have to reported service.

Yep mine too. Not a big enough deal for me to worry about - I plan to raise it whenever it goes in for a service. Is there a time limit on raising minor stuff under warranty?

One other issue I'm not sure I've seen - sometimes my A/C has a rattle/crackle on startup for a few minutes. Sounds like a small piece of plastic or a Skittle bouncing around in there. Anyone else?

Has anyone noticed this on their Model 3 ? In space between the pane of glass above the driver's head and the rear glass, above the b-pilar, there seems to be a gap between the glass and the rubber seal. The gap is large enough for me to be able to see the metal below (looks like a painted surface, same colour as my car, blue). When I was at the Lawrence Toronto service centre and asked them, they looked at two other Model 3 there, and they both have the same gap, and they concluded that it must ok and by design. To me, it looks funny and I would think it should be sealed there. I'm also wondering when it rains where the water get channeled.

Attachments

• Tesla M3 gap close up 2.jpg
    Tesla M3 gap close up 2.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Tesla M3 gap close up 1.jpg
    Tesla M3 gap close up 1.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Tesla M3 gap far view.jpg
    Tesla M3 gap far view.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 80
@edyee I too have an uneven gap, though it's not as large as the ones in your pictures. I can't say anything about it being normal but it certainly looks like a mis-alignment during the sealing of the glass pieces (to me anyway). We have had 2 torrential downpours here and 1 touchless car wash. So far, no water has infiltrated the car (thank goodness).

• Helpful
Reactions: edyee
Hear a light 'clicking sound' near the charging port when closed, it sounded like it's constantly trying to close even though it is closed. Does anyone's have this behavior too?

I think it is the magnet that is on the corner of the charge cover... it may be lose/about to fall out. My fell out... going to the service centre to have it glued in.

Hear a light 'clicking sound' near the charging port when closed, it sounded like it's constantly trying to close even though it is closed. Does anyone's have this behavior too?

I have the exact same symptom. Heard something and put my ear next to the closed charged port door and there is definitely a repetitive ticking noise. Seems to be constant. Tried cycling the door, locking and unlocking the car, driving it, rebooting it etc. No change, still there.

Could others please check for this in a quiet environment? Thanks

I have the exact same symptom. Heard something and put my ear next to the closed charged port door and there is definitely a repetitive ticking noise. Seems to be constant. Tried cycling the door, locking and unlocking the car, driving it, rebooting it etc. No change, still there.

Could others please check for this in a quiet environment? Thanks

So far 3 of us in this thread are having the same issue. This behavior continues no matter what I do. Though this won't happen when it is plugged in and charging.

RedM3, you mentioned about the lose magnet, can you please let me know if you hear the constant clicking sound too when the port cover is closed, before you have the magnet reattached?

The top section of the drive selector stock keeps lifting up a bit. Does anybody knows how to fix it?

Mine does this and it really tweaks my OCD. I pulled it off and have tried a two different double sided tape to get it to stick better. The inside part has a little plastic piece that does not appear to properly latch. I've improved it so it doesn't come up as high but its still higher than the signal arm on the left.