Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone encountered issues using the speakerphone in the car? It seems to be intermittent. I've had a few people tell me that they hear an echo of their voice when they speak, but others says it is very clear. On calls, I've resorted to putting the call on mute when I am not speaking and it fixes the echoing problem.

edyee

I've had several complaints from people at the other end calls saying they can hear an echo of themselves. Tesla needs to work on their acoustic echo cancellation algorithm.

Update to my earlier post while I was at Oakville this morning...

They initially said they thought they could clear my issues in a half hour or so. After an hour of 2 techs sitting in the car with laptops, they sent me on my way with a rental ( BMW X3, what an awful car ). Didn't hear anything back from the service dept, and they won't actually answer the phone which is very annoying. Left a VM and hope they call in the morning.

Update to my earlier post while I was at Oakville this morning...

They initially said they thought they could clear my issues in a half hour or so. After an hour of 2 techs sitting in the car with laptops, they sent me on my way with a rental ( BMW X3, what an awful car ). Didn't hear anything back from the service dept, and they won't actually answer the phone which is very annoying. Left a VM and hope they call in the morning.
Ya.. i always call sales because getting service to pick up is a miracle

Ya.. i always call sales because getting service to pick up is a miracle

Not for me. My S needs a new window washer pump, and my 3 needs a new rear tail light (condensation issue). I emailed them about it and they called to to set up an appt -- and said both can be done by a ranger - either at my office or home. I said I would call back since there was no rush, this was a week ago, and today I got another call. I sad no rush again, and I would get back to them, but they wanted to me to schedule it now so I set it for next Friday. It surprised me how persistent they were but he said they like to get work done so a backlog is not created. I guess a lot depends on what service centers, and the people, you are dealing with.

I'm wondering if the charge port door sits flush on other vehicles -- so it looks exactly like the other tail light? Mine doesn't seem to close fully since it sits a little higher. I need to look at another one and I will mention it to service next Friday.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I’ve noticed couple of issues in this past week since delivery.
1. Half the people I talked to said they can hear there voice echo when on call and the other half was fine. Not sure what the issue is. Could it be connectivity or something else.

2. There are some panel gap issues. The major one being the passenger side front and back door. The space in between is misaligned from top to bottom. It’s not a straight line. There is also a big gap between the trunk panel and read headlight.

I emailed the service department with pictures and they replied that it is within the accepted gap tolenrace. He did say that I can bring it in for visual inspection.

Has anyone been to Tesla and had a resolution for these gap issues?

I have that too -- almost like a speaker is blown -- but only for certain songs and it hasn't happened lately so I didn't know how to show it to service to duplicate it. Is there any particular song that it happens on?

It's not certain songs. I have it happen occasionally too on Slacker or playing from a USB. When it happens on the USB I go to the next song and then back again and it's always fixed. I'm pretty sure it's just random and totally unrelated to what song you're playing.

I don't think service can do anything, it's definitely a software bug that affects a lot of people. Just have to hope they eventually find the cause and fix it in an update.

• Helpful
Reactions: Canuck
I had the car delivered yesterday to Halifax, NS and there's a gouge along the driver side rear quarter panel, which I assume was from the transport truck. Nobody was home when it was delivered, now I have to see what Tesla's service is like out here in Atlantic Canada. I assume they'll offer to repair at a body shop but i'm really disappointed to need a bodywork repair after 0 hours ownership.
Damn, that sucks. I'll be curious to see what the response is as well, just incase I need to do the same down the road.
Welcome to the EV crowd BTW ;)

Not for me. My S needs a new window washer pump, and my 3 needs a new rear tail light (condensation issue). I emailed them about it and they called to to set up an appt -- and said both can be done by a ranger - either at my office or home. I said I would call back since there was no rush, this was a week ago, and today I got another call. I sad no rush again, and I would get back to them, but they wanted to me to schedule it now so I set it for next Friday. It surprised me how persistent they were but he said they like to get work done so a backlog is not created. I guess a lot depends on what service centers, and the people, you are dealing with.

I'm wondering if the charge port door sits flush on other vehicles -- so it looks exactly like the other tail light? Mine doesn't seem to close fully since it sits a little higher. I need to look at another one and I will mention it to service next Friday.
This is similar to my experience as I have found service to be very responsive.

This morning going to work on 401 I got a little scary. A message pop-up on my screen telling me that the emergency auto breaking is not working, the traction control is not working and the cruise control also is not working. Then I noticed that the regen braking is not functioning. When I released the accelerator the car kept going like it was on cruise control. When I exit the hwy I called Tesla. The tech support told me to power it off and wait for five minutes and surprise, surprise everything went to normal. The whole experience scared *sugar* out of me. Did anybody had something similar?

• Helpful
Reactions: 03DSG
This morning going to work on 401 I got a little scary. A message pop-up on my screen telling me that the emergency auto breaking is not working, the traction control is not working and the cruise control also is not working. Then I noticed that the regen braking is not functioning. When I released the accelerator the car kept going like it was on cruise control. When I exit the hwy I called Tesla. The tech support told me to power it off and wait for five minutes and surprise, surprise everything went to normal. The whole experience scared *sugar* out of me. Did anybody had something similar?

Yep, this happened to me on Sunday (though I wasn't in cruise control). Here's the full story: Any Issues with your Model 3?

The only unresolved issue I have is in the morning the car will not wake up using the app. I have to physically go to the car and get it for it to wake. Once I have the app works within seconds. It just won’t wake unless I do this. All other times of the day are fine. Both the phone and the car have solid internet connections.

The only unresolved issue I have is in the morning the car will not wake up using the app. I have to physically go to the car and get it for it to wake. Once I have the app works within seconds. It just won’t wake unless I do this. All other times of the day are fine. Both the phone and the car have solid internet connections.
Reminds me of the days trying to get my teenage son out of bed in the morning.

• Funny
Reactions: Kira
Update on my Airbag system / phantom passenger issue

They've determined that the sensor in the front passenger seat that determines if anyone is in the seat, is defective. As this sensor is used by both the airbag system and seatbelt warning system, that would tend to make sense.

The sensor is apparently an embedded part of the seat and cannot be replaced on its own. Waiting for a new lower seat section to arrive from Fremont. Hopefully here on Monday.

Fingers crossed, still driving the loaner BMW X3, for which Tesla also pays for all of the gas, which I thought was kind of cool.

The tech support told me to power it off and wait for five minutes and surprise, surprise everything went to normal.

Hi @Stan K, I'm not trying to be pedantic, but if you wouldn't mind me asking... what did you do to "power it off"?

The reason I ask is that I see that there are 2 separate things that I might (perhaps incorrectly) put into the category of powering it off:

1) reset the touchscreen - push on brake + push and hold both steering wheel buttons.

2) power the vehicle off while sitting in the car - Controls > Safety & Security > Vehicle Power > Power Off

I realize that waiting for 5 mins after powering off doesn't make sense in the reset touchscreen scenario, but I'm just trying to understand.

• Funny
Reactions: Darscot
Anyone notice issues with glove box being misaligned? It sticks out on the left edge and you can also see the misalignment in my car on the top edge near the door side.

Also i noticed several times now that when playing songs from my iphone using bluetooth, the playback suddenly stops and then i cannot get it to work until next trip in the car.

Curious if anyone else sees the above.