Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Issues with your Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed a new ghost in my car recently. A few times I’ve looked over my shoulder and noticed the rear passenger window down a few centimetres. Almost like someone has grabbed the handle, but the door isn’t open and I’m driving alone. I can just roll it back up and everything is good again.

I’ve noticed a new ghost in my car recently. A few times I’ve looked over my shoulder and noticed the rear passenger window down a few centimetres. Almost like someone has grabbed the handle, but the door isn’t open and I’m driving alone. I can just roll it back up and everything is good again.

I've had this happen too. I've also come back to the car and found the right front window all the way down. I'm pretty sure it's from resting my left arm on the door arm rest and my hand inadertantly hitting the window buttons, maybe when I'm getting out of the car. Now that I'm aware of it, it hasn't happened since.

• Informative
Reactions: akidesir
I've had this happen too. I've also come back to the car and found the right front window all the way down. I'm pretty sure it's from resting my left arm on the door arm rest and my hand inadertantly hitting the window buttons, maybe when I'm getting out of the car. Now that I'm aware of it, it hasn't happened since.

I came back to my car with the front passenger window all the way down. I'm fairly certain I did not bump the button.

I came back to my car with the front passenger window all the way down. I'm fairly certain I did not bump the button.

I washed the car last week, started with the pressure washer top down then looked closer and the passenger rear window was down maybe 3cm! Pretty sure no one lowered it that much and sure enough got a little wet inside, so I'll be checking windows before soaking the car from now on!

• Informative
Reactions: noicepls
About 4 warning lights came on, lost steering and braking responsiveness. Called the 1-877 # and within 2 minutes they said a tow truck would be on its way. Not sure what the cause or fix is, still working on it. Sadly no Tesla loaner :(

Sorry to hear. Sounds like a dangerous situation so good thing you seem alright! It will be interesting to find out what the cause is. What loaner did they give you?

About 4 warning lights came on, lost steering and braking responsiveness. Called the 1-877 # and within 2 minutes they said a tow truck would be on its way. Not sure what the cause or fix is, still working on it. Sadly no Tesla loaner :(

No sign of the part, it'll be a week on Monday. They keep apologizing and are polite but for whatever reason the expected delivery keeps getting pushed back. Pretty bummed out. I barely had the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
I've noticed a few paint bubbles and decided to order touch up paint. Anyone else experience these? I'm too lazy to have the SC re-do as I want to drive the car !
I noticed 2 paint imperfections on the driverside. I told tesla lawrence, and they referred me to a body shop. Tesla is fronting the bill as I told them it was impossible to look through the entire car that quickly cause we were being herded like sheep as fast as possible at the international centre.

Body shop is going to take care of it and charge tesla.

Reactions: RedM3
I have two gripes, one is rather insignificant and the other is really annoying.

1) I have a car seat, and the vehicle constantly is telling me that the seat belt isn't done up even though the seat is empty. The weight sensor must be very sensitive. It's annoying to have the screen show an error basically all the time. I suppose a workaround would be to buckle it up even when not in use but that's pretty annoying too.

2) Sunscreen is a disaster on the seats. I tried using an armour all leather wipe to clean it off and that was a huge mistake- it gave a shiny gloss to the areas I used it on, now they don't match the rest of the seats. Baby wipes work pretty well for getting the suncreen off but it's summertime and I have a 6 year old.. I don't want to be one of those jerks that lays down towels when I have people in the car but I've never seen a car more prone to staining than this one.

Reactions: Falkirk
I have two gripes, one is rather insignificant and the other is really annoying.

1) I have a car seat, and the vehicle constantly is telling me that the seat belt isn't done up even though the seat is empty. The weight sensor must be very sensitive. It's annoying to have the screen show an error basically all the time. I suppose a workaround would be to buckle it up even when not in use but that's pretty annoying too.

2) Sunscreen is a disaster on the seats. I tried using an armour all leather wipe to clean it off and that was a huge mistake- it gave a shiny gloss to the areas I used it on, now they don't match the rest of the seats. Baby wipes work pretty well for getting the suncreen off but it's summertime and I have a 6 year old.. I don't want to be one of those jerks that lays down towels when I have people in the car but I've never seen a car more prone to staining than this one.
That's odd. I used armor all wipes to clean suncreen, it was the only thing that worked for me, I tried dove soap with a brush and then IPA and neither helped. Dove soap was taking forever, think it needs like 20-30 passes. IPA seemed to stain the seats. So the armor all works for me, just have to wipe it away with a microfibre right away. Maybe you used a different sunscreen than i did. Hope that helps.

've also come back to the car and found the right front window all the way down. I

Yup same here. Happened two times so far.

First time around I thought I might pressed the button when exiting. But next time, i step out of the car walk a few feet and then looked back to see if the car is locked and the mirrors are folded, and then I noticed the front passenger window is fully down.

You can buy buckles to plug in. Really cheap on eBay if you don't mind waiting.

Get Lysol or Clorex wipes. A couple passes and Bounty to dry. Works great on the plastic and vegan leather.

So I was told that the manufacturer of the trunk carpet is having issue producing them without wrinkles. They are not ordering these parts until the manufacturer resolves the issue.

I had body panel issues which a third party body shop is going to fix, paid for by Tesla. They will fix the weather sealing trim too. If you are having issues, be proactive in following up to get things resolved.

Also, they're sending a mobile technician next week to look at a couple other issues. Centre console arm rest rubbing against the seat when it's lifted, and the door handle is slow to retract after pulling.

• Informative
Reactions: mikemd833
IMG_0204.JPG
I washed the car last week, started with the pressure washer top down then looked closer and the passenger rear window was down maybe 3cm! Pretty sure no one lowered it that much and sure enough got a little wet inside, so I'll be checking windows before soaking the car from now on!
I washed the car last week with a pressure washer as well and this is what happened. Stained A pillar.