Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any last minute guesses?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure it will offer a power liftgate. Possibly that opens automatically when you walk up to the rear of the vehicle with the key in your pocket.
I am also hoping very much for a power Frunk. The Model 3 frunk is useless to me because of the special closing process. I hate putting my mitts all over my shiny black paint.

I'm expecting a taller, longer Model 3 with the Model X windshield. I'm hoping they eliminated the 12V battery and used the new wiring BUS they were talking about. And if it has 3rd row seating it will have an innovative way to access it (not FWD).

I'll be watching and think my husband will be curious enough to watch tonight when they do the reveal. We are set now with our cars and no plans for the Model Y but am curious about it, just like I was about the Roadster 2.0 and Semi. From the image on the website now with the car cover over it, I think it looks rather like a Model S or maybe more an X as I'm expecting a similar liftgate on it . Beyond that do expect a lot of it to look like a Model 3 with dash/air conditioning, seating, glass roof in common. Excited for all of you waiting and hope you won't be disappointed. Do expect the more expensive trims to be made first and work their way down like in the Model 3, but depending on how many production lines they set up who knows for sure. Since I don't think they've taken pre-orders like they did for the Model 3, I doubt there will be a reservation counter. I'm sure there will be some media that will pan the car (some as they do everything Tesla or Elon), but probably more media sources this time that will be more open to being favorable after seeing the love the Model 3 got from owners and the company having more of a track record. Do expect to see the usual short seller criticisms too.

Last edited:
Ready to config... :cool:

Design Your Model Y | Tesla
upload_2019-3-14_21-55-37.png