Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any last minute guesses?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's basically the modern equivalent of a mini van so I would hope they go with family friendly features like stow away seats and integrated vacuum. There's no way they'll add premium features like a HUD before adding them to S and X first. It's probably unnecessary for this type of vehicle anyway.

Reactions: woodisgood
It's basically the modern equivalent of a mini van so I would hope they go with family friendly features like stow away seats and integrated vacuum. There's no way they'll add premium features like a HUD before adding them to S and X first. It's probably unnecessary for this type of vehicle anyway.
Stow away seats are not really compatible with the battery design in a Tesla vehicle.
They are nice though.

I remember a thread like this before I went to the MX reveal. At that time, there was an original concept model, but the details weren’t fully known. Needless to say, at the event everyone was blown away with what Tesla engineered. Problem was that despite developing revolutionary features, they over-engineered it. They’ve learned from that, Elon even admitted so.

My bet is that the MY will be a simple crossover with a slightly different front fascia as the M3. There may be a couple revolutionary (or evolutionary) design changes to draw new customers, but by and large it will be a simple design to save on costs. I’m on the fence about a MS or MX change. I still think both look futuristic and don’t believe the appearance is problematic to future sales.

Zero chance on FW doors. Zero chance there will be more than 5 seats. Jump seats are out of the question because of wheelbase and price point... plus that will cannibalize MS and MX sales. I also don’t think there will be a true towing capacity besides the capability of an accessory hitch or small uHaul trailer.
I predict it will have a mode called Turbulent+ mode in which you can enable FSD for $10,000 and then triggers a price reduction for everyone else so they can purchase it at $2000, and then there is an electrek shame article that causes the price to correct.

No way it's got falcon doors, right?

Seems impossible given the cost-cutting that needs to take place to get the Y to ~40k, and not exactly a feature that midsize SUV owners demand. As a by-product of that, also lets them maintain differentiation between S/X and 3/Y. Not to mention I believe Elon tweeted it has normal doors.

Last edited:
I personally wish they would have done manual/hydraulic falcon wing doors. Just like they cut out the automation in the door handles on the 3, a manual falcon wing would be good for me. Of course, there are still the drawbacks of that door design.

7 folding seats with adult-compatible legroom in the 3rd row =

E6FAD743-A11C-4534-A547-CC82735F69B8.png