Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Late April-May people hear from their DS about imminent deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This doesn't make since, we see 51xx being delivered but we have others below 3xxx who are still waiting.
Clearly the VIN does not predict order of delivery... Although I am a techie and keep grasping at that straw myself - in the absence of any other clue as to when I will get my X... can't help myself!:rolleyes:
I can certainly understand folks frustration who have ordered very early and are still waiting for their X - when others that ordered later have theirs. Some evidence from the posts seems to point to the batch theory - Tesla producing vehicles based on options. Makes complete sense in a manufacturing environment. Additionally I'm sure that the seat and FWD problems have caused some mfg disruptions.

Just got the call this afternoon that I'm in production at the "body in white" stage. With completion of production, inspection, rail transfer to Chicago and truck transit to Minneapolis they are estimating late May delivery. VIN 30XX, ordered 12/15, 90D, subzero, towing, 6 seats, premium, standard wheels. My eXcitement is increasing!

Reactions: WABarb
As I like to point out, on just about every thread. Never got a call about any stage, but did find out more than two weeks ago that my car was "good to go", and about 10 days ago found out that it was already on the train, but no idea when the trip started. Tomorrow is the last day I have before giving up completely on an April delivery. I was at the SC today, and while I did not really look all that carefully, I did not spot my car anywhere.

As I like to point out, on just about every thread. Never got a call about any stage, but did find out more than two weeks ago that my car was "good to go", and about 10 days ago found out that it was already on the train, but no idea when the trip started. Tomorrow is the last day I have before giving up completely on an April delivery. I was at the SC today, and while I did not really look all that carefully, I did not spot my car anywhere.
I'm assuming you are going to TYCO ? Thats where I will go (from Richmond) to pick up mine... good luck... It sounds like it will be soon. BTW like your license - I was able to get TESLA MX

Late March delivery date here, VIN 24xx P90DL ordered at the end of December. Still no info from the DS except to say that they overestimated their production capability in March. You think? I'm still baffled why the DS can't tell me anything about where my vehicle is in regards to production, or if it is even in production at all, whilst some other DSs seem to be giving out fairly fine-grained detail as to where people's cars are in the process. At the same time he always says that the car is coming soon - he's been saying that since February. I've had the charger set up for months now, ready to drive down to Fremont on a moment's notice.

• Helpful
Reactions: EV Family
Sent my DS an email today. My fully maxed out P90DL 31xx has not yet entered production. Delivery is on the east coast. He thinks it will still be delivered by the end of May, but I doubt it. Now I am concerned about my financing quote expiring. I do not want another hard inquiry on my credit report.
I know it's a "risk", but we had the same situation along with extended travel plans, so we arranged to take care of all of the financing and payment stuff up front. We're trusting that Tesla will still hold up their end of the delivery process to ensure everything is right with the vehicle, etc.

Was at the service center today to look and explore MX awaiting delivery. If you haven't gotten your hands on one of these yet, it will be 150% worth the wait. Every feature so thought out, so amazing.

My VIN is 48XX with delivery to AZ. Website still shows "Your order is now confirmed and in the factory production queue."

Lauren, my DS, who is awesome, said car will begin production in the next 2-3 weeks so may get my car late May to mid June. Also indicated that door issues and 3rd row issues have been resolved.

I order 90D, blue on tan, 6 seat, AP, no premium.
What website are you looking at for your information?

90D MX Vin 339x for Orlando FL Delivery. Confirmed 12/15. Car has been listed as April - Early May since early March. I am frustrated with how little information I am getting from my DS. I called my DS Wednesday, 4/27, car went into Production on 4/14. Nearly two weeks it is still in production. Never even an email from my DS. DS claims she will not know anything until car gets scheduled for delivery to Service Center. How is it some DSs know so much and mine so little? I have never received an email from my DS that was not a direct reply to mine other than one in January when I change delivery location. This has been exactly 3 messages since January 28. It is not like I am pestering her. I have had only Wednesday's telephone conversation and I initiated it. This is lousy customer communication.

• Informative
Reactions: mmd
A week ago, I heard my #110x P90D should be in production next week. With delivery by the end of May. :/

When we were issued our VIN nearly 3 months ago, we were originally supposed to have a March delivery. Not sure why the production scheduling has turned out this way and I've stopped trying to analyze or come up with rational explanations for this. If not for the semi-occasional need for that 6th seat, I would have already converted the order to a Model S. And I may still do so since the refresh brings over the new HEPA filter, headlights, and some other goodies. Although at this point, I would say that a new S order wouldn't get to us any sooner, assuming the current X dates we have remain accurate. I will probably jump ship to a Model S if our X gets pushed back again -- we're in a situation where we really need the car, or any car, pretty soon here.

I don't understand why some of you are surprised that your delivery dates keep getting pushed back a bit. There have been bad earthquakes in Japan which effectively halted the supply chains of both GM & Toyota, also Tesla needs to fix up those 3rd row seats. Tesla is pretty dependent on it's suppliers, many of which are in Japan.

These things take time... Good luck everyone, but better to have a fully functioning car later, rather than one with issues earlier.