Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any live wire owners here?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a road king but I am considering a Livewire because I’m really hooked on electric drive. The owners in the Harley forums seem to like them but weeding through all the nonsense with faux outlaws and loud pipe comments is tough. Since most people here are BEV enthusiasts I thought I could get some opinions from people who appreciate BEV and just review the motorcycle.

cheers.

The Zero SRF is comparable to the Livewire, maybe even a bit better, for a much lower price. I think the Livewire is to the SR/F as the Porsche Taycan is to the Model S. Harley will be (like the Porche) a more "premium" product, but at a higher price and with less range and practicality than the California product.

Either way, I'm rooting for electric motorcycles over fossil burners.

Reactions: Rocky_H
If we're throwing around other brands that we like, I'm excited for the Tarform if it ever comes to fruition, I've always been partial to cafe racers though:

Tarform Motorcycles | Introducing the motorcycle of tomorrow

The one thing to note in the Livewire conversation that came up in the Long Way Up thread, it has no level 2 charging, its Level 1 overnight charging, or rapid DC charging. On the one hand, I can kind of see the thinking, 100+ miles range is fine for a daily driver, and the battery is small enough that it gets its charge back overnight even on a 120v outlet, so you really only need rapid charging for longer trips. But still seems like that level 2 charging might have some functionality you'd end up missing?

The Zero and Energica on the other hand don't have level 3 charging. So half a dozen in one hand and six in the other....

My motorcycle days are behind me, but if I wanted an electric motorcycle, I would want a more relaxed position (a la Livewire) with a smaller motor (don't need the temptation) and a battery pack that can carry you for 200 miles (a la Zero). That'd make for a fun day of riding.

I would never pay more tha 1k for death on two wheels. Between dopeheads, alcoholics, and ophtalmologist cleared blind octogenarians you are a moving target. Can you believe there are people driving out there with half a visual field in one eye only? I have seen it in the ER, not once.

Reactions: wreighven