Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any local to Fremont, Californa area Tesla enthusiast clubs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My buddy and I are planing a cross USA trip (from Detroit, via Memphis) in his '66 Lincoln convertible for the sole purpose of visiting the Tesla factory in Fremont.

We also want to arrange a test drive of a Model S at the Fremont store, and on our return trip, a stop at the gigafactory in Nevada.

I am a Model 3 reservation holder and my buddy will be replacing his current ICE with a Tesla in the mid term future.

Is there a local (to Fremont) Tesla enthusiasts club that we could reach out to?

We'd like to visit one of your Tesla events while we are in the area around the 8th or 9th of May, 2017.

Or, to simply have a supper together with the president of the local Tesla club and discuss all things Tesla.

Also, who is a good contact person within the Tesla organization that deals with Fremont factory tours?

We are literally two insane Tesla fans that are driving over 2000 miles, one way, in a 51 year old convertible to be able to have a tour of the factory.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks

Cheers

Mike

My buddy and I are planing a cross USA trip (from Detroit, via Memphis) in his '66 Lincoln convertible for the sole purpose of visiting the Tesla factory in Fremont.

Sounds like a fun trip.

Is there a local (to Fremont) Tesla enthusiasts club that we could reach out to?

Oddly, no. There's a group on TMC, which doesn't get much activity. Some members have met a couple of times. You can post to its forum and I'm sure some members would be interested in getting together. I'd be up for that if I'm in town when you're around. Happy to let you drive my Model S P85 too.

Also, who is a good contact person within the Tesla organization that deals with Fremont factory tours?

I think the person tasked with factory tours rotates regularly. Sending e-mail to [email protected] should work.

Sounds like a fun trip
Yes, we try and do one of these road trips once a year. But this will be the longest one yet.
Oddly, no. There's a group on TMC, which doesn't get much activity. Some members have met a couple of times. You can post to its forum and I'm sure some members would be interested in getting together.
OK, thanks for the info and links. I've asked to join that group, we'll see what happens.
Happy to let you drive my Model S P85 too.
That's awesome! Thanks. Once I see if we can get a factory tour and we come up with some sort of plan, I'll let you know (via some sort of private format protocol).
I think the person tasked with factory tours rotates regularly. Sending e-mail to [email protected] should work.
I'll give that a try and see what happens. Cheers.

Sounds like a fun trip.

Oddly, no. There's a group on TMC, which doesn't get much activity. Some members have met a couple of times. You can post to its forum and I'm sure some members would be interested in getting together. I'd be up for that if I'm in town when you're around. Happy to let you drive my Model S P85 too.

Bet TSLA: is there a way I can private send an email to you? The factory tour is out (only available to current owners) but we have set up a "test drive" of a Model S at the Fremont store for the 9th of May. Thanks.

To send a PM (Private Message), simply click on the name of the person on one of their posts and then the "Start a Conversation" link on the window that appears. This is a message through the forum and doesn't expose your or their actual e-mail address to the other person.

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12