Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck escalating issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be my 3rd Tesla, loyal customer. We have a second baby coming and needed to upgrade to the model Y from our 3. Ordered maybe in December or Jan a Y performance, slated for April delivery.

Concurrently booked a vacation for March 21-27.

They call on March 19 that it's going to arrive early (Good news, they say) and we need to schedule delivery for March 23. I explain I'm out of town and will back on the 28th to eagerly take delivery. After explaining the 3 day rule I confirm I understand and offer to come Saturday and sign all paperwork etc (VIN is assigned, I can do my own insurance etc). I was clear I'd be doing 60k down and finance the balance.

Well, I quickly learned the 3 day window is no nonsense. No matter what I tried, they would not accommodate in the slightest. They couldn't sign over the car without me there. I offered to bring the 60k down payment the day before I left, understanding they couldn't sign the financing portion, but no luck there either. They explained above all else it was quarter end and they had no room for the vehicle to be held for 4 days. They know that we just sold our model 3 last week. They know we have no alternatives.

I was promised I'd be right at the front of the line. Just got my new delivery date, it's June 17.

We all know Tesla customer service doesn't exist. Just curious if anyone has had luck escalating to anyone with any true information or power to help in a situation like this...

Appreciate the read and support.

Cheers,
Aaron

Reactions: robeeen
Give your driver license to a friend and have them become you for a day. We were worried my wife would still be in surgery recovery if our car arrived early. Our plan was to have my sister stand in as her during delivery. Luckily it pushed later and became a non-issue.

Reactions: robeeen
My current window is 5/23-6/20.

Going to Hawaii from 4/29-5/8, then to Disneyworld from 6/11-6/18.

Fully expect my Tesla to pop up for delivery within one of those two windows.

You may just have to hope for a cancellation in your config or add FSD.