Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck with recent Y SR orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes if the inventory exists they will ship it to your dealership.

Went in the dealership to test drive on Feb 16th and ordered it after test drive.
Was in a time crunch so asked for available inventory and they were able to find something out of state.
Got confirmation of a match the same day and picked up the car on the 27th
A week after ordering it, I told a friend about the model I had bought, he checked the tesla site he told me that car is no longer available.

Reactions: No Tezla Yet
just a quick update, just received a call from a sales advisor that left me a message. She said that deliveries (at least here in SoCal) are all usually scheduled a the end of the month of each quarter so which means that delivery for my SR will probably be around end of March, maybe a few says sooner. She said that they get their cars for delivery in bunches and the way SoCal dealers work, they all get it at the same time. Weird but at least she had some info for us that are waiting.

I happened to be at a different mall than I usually go to and they had a Tesla showroom there.
I went in and spoke to a different SA than the one I ordered with since the showroom is a different one than the one I ordered from. The SA said that all existing SRMY orders created prior to the announcement of the discontinuation will be fulfilled. If you ordered after the announcement (I am assuming 'off menu' orders), then you will possibly get your order fulfilled.

How it works? They will ship from another state if non available in your state?
Yes, you will pay $500-2000 depending on where you and the car are. We are having a MSM SR Y shipped to us from PA since there are none locally and it seems the only ones popping up are for people who rejected delivery for whatever reason. Our SA said there was a blue one locally in his system for about 5 minutes but by the time we could respond it was gone.

Originally ordered Los Angeles, SoCal MSM YSR with hitch on February 1st. Got a call from the my sales advisor today saying there was an YSR MSM without the hitch on its way down from the factory in Fremont and the original buyer couldn't take delivery (they were still waiting on CVAP approval) and wanted to know if I wanted to be matched to that VIN. Still not knowing if or when Tesla will produce a YSR MSM with the hitch, I decided to take it and have the hitch installed later (this can be ordered from Tesla for $1,200 and includes installation so it's going to cost me an extra $200). My born date is 2/18/2021 / VIN 133xxx. Sales advisor confirmed the vehicle has the refreshed center console.

Reactions: flyingcasual
Ordered on 1/12, got text on 2/22 that it was ready, picked it up on 2/26 because I had to work out the sale for my other vehicle at CarMax.

I'm in Orange County. Just got the base SR with the tow hitch option. Even though I watched several videos, it was a pain to take off that tow hitch cover and still ended up dining both my cover and the edges on the surround. :(

• Informative
Reactions: tbwnm
Just got the base SR with the tow hitch option. Even though I watched several videos, it was a pain to take off that tow hitch cover and still ended up dining both my cover and the edges on the surround. :(

I picked up a pair of these from ebay for $8 (3D printed knockoff of the LivingTesla ones, but they do the same thing).

I plan on using it when I take delivery of my Model Y with tow hitch, to confirm it's in there. Then I'll leave the hitch cover off until I can either trim most of the mounting tabs (there's few DIY videos on this) or can order a new tow hitch cover with a hook on it.

featured_preview_IMG_8672.jpeg

Ordered on 1/12, got text on 2/22 that it was ready, picked it up on 2/26 because I had to work out the sale for my other vehicle at CarMax.

I'm in Orange County. Just got the base SR with the tow hitch option. Even though I watched several videos, it was a pain to take off that tow hitch cover and still ended up dining both my cover and the edges on the surround. :(
Did your SR come with the refreshed Center Console? Might actually work out better for me to have the service center install the hitch after the fact so they can show me how to take the cover off when I pick it up 😂

I got a VIN today but it disappeared after 1 hour. VIN number was 109,xxx. Looks like it was something from existing inventory. Not sure if I'll get it back but it's a good sign!

I got my VIN back and it was the same VIN that was previously removed. I checked with my SA he mentioned that the car just got built and on it's way to the dealership. He also confirmed it's gonna have new center console. Delivery estimate now showing Current Date - March 15th.

Reactions: asaulo1
I picked up a pair of these from ebay for $8 (3D printed knockoff of the LivingTesla ones, but they do the same thing).

I plan on using it when I take delivery of my Model Y with tow hitch, to confirm it's in there. Then I'll leave the hitch cover off until I can either trim most of the mounting tabs (there's few DIY videos on this) or can order a new tow hitch cover with a hook on it.

Thanks for sharing that. Seems like everybody is complaining how hard it is to remove that cover.

So a 109 VIN that just left the factory has new center console? Sounds fishy to me. Either it has a new center console and is a much higher VIN or it is 109 and doesn’t have it. We’ve got a 113 coming from back east so I’ll let you know specs in a couple weeks when we pick it up. Guessing if it went back to PA and sat there for a bit a now is coming back it was likely built end of January which fits the 113 VIN. And means before 2/7 switchover to new console.

Last edited:
Did your SR come with the refreshed Center Console? Might actually work out better for me to have the service center install the hitch after the fact so they can show me how to take the cover off when I pick it up 😂
Yes. My SA confirmed it had the refreshed center console because he said anything built after Feb 2 or 9 (unsure of the date) should have it.

I was hoping it would have the new hitch cover with a release tab that I've seen on the web but no luck. If using a screw driver, start at the top right or left... any damage you do to the other cover will be less visible. I should have pushed the person who took my paperwork on removing the cover for me but I was actually in a hurry to get back to work so didn't even have time to figure out the regen braking which was a bit of a shock to me because my plug-in hybrid didn't have regen that strong.

Now I just need to have the outer smaller panel on the drive side door behind the mirror looked at... it keeps popping out. :(

Theoretically this should work... because I tried using bicycle tire levers but the cover is really tight in some spots so I just ended up using a screwdriver, which unfortunately also scratch up my outer cover.

It's not very easy and you do end up breaking or tweaking some of the clips. It's just weird how this doesn't have a better mechanism... I guess afterthought solutions are really kludgy.

So a 109 VIN that just left the factory has new center console? Sounds fishy to me. Either it has a new center console and is a much higher VIN or it is 109 and doesn’t have it. We’ve got a 113 coming from back east so I’ll let you know specs in a couple weeks when we pick it up. Guessing if it went back to PA and sat there for a bit a now is coming back it was likely built end of January which fits the 113 VIN. And means before 2/7 switchover to new console.

I'll definitely share with you once I get it.

just got off the phone with a tesla sales advisor and was told that there was a delay in inputting my completed profile into the system and that it only shows that the profile was done recently. Which means that it doesn't prioritize you from your order date but the completion of the profile date which is all the completed financing steps. Sucks. Now it looks like I'm in the back of the line for my MY SR and to think I thought I had everything set since the couple of weeks after I placed my order. Good thing I called and checked on it, if not, I'm probably still going to be in limbo. Oh well. Another test of patience for my MY SR. for all of you that have ordered, make sure you check that you've completed everything and that your profile is submitted in the system. That will be the only time they can slot you for a VIN.

I just picked up my Model Y SR last weekend, VIN #109xxx and it has the old console. It was obviously a car the Service Centre's already had in inventory, because I got it in about a week. Anyway, I'm ok with the old console. I did get the heated steering wheel, double pane glass windows, and the 128GB USB stick in the glove box. Old headlights obviously, too. Build date was something like January 9 or 10th, 2021, before the new consoles started.

just got off the phone with a tesla sales advisor and was told that there was a delay in inputting my completed profile into the system and that it only shows that the profile was done recently. Which means that it doesn't prioritize you from your order date but the completion of the profile date which is all the completed financing steps. Sucks. Now it looks like I'm in the back of the line for my MY SR and to think I thought I had everything set since the couple of weeks after I placed my order. Good thing I called and checked on it, if not, I'm probably still going to be in limbo. Oh well. Another test of patience for my MY SR. for all of you that have ordered, make sure you check that you've completed everything and that your profile is submitted in the system. That will be the only time they can slot you for a VIN.
What number and how did you call tesla