Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck with recent Y SR orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All -

I ordered a SR Y a couple weeks back, about 1 week before they stopped offering the model online. My sales rep said the were all confused and awaiting more info. It seemed unclear whether I would still get my car. My order was targeted for May, so I wouldn't be looking at anything they already had in stock.

I know Musk claimed the car could still be ordered "off menu". Has anyone else had luck recently ordering that car?

Thanks!!

Hi All -

I ordered a SR Y a couple weeks back, about 1 week before they stopped offering the model online. My sales rep said the were all confused and awaiting more info. It seemed unclear whether I would still get my car. My order was targeted for May, so I wouldn't be looking at anything they already had in stock.

I know Musk claimed the car could still be ordered "off menu". Has anyone else had luck recently ordering that car?

Thanks!!

I ordered a black on black SR on 2/17 and got a text that a car was available for pickup four days later on 2/21. I think I got lucky because someone else dropped out of buying it because I thought that was EXTREMELY fast, or they just had one in stock by chance. I called and cancelled because I decided to upgrade to LR with bigger tires and I'm still waiting, with no sign of a car coming anytime soon (same colors, black on black). Looks like whoever was in the queue after me got their black on black MYSR...!

I ordered on 2/15 SR MY 5 seats, white/black - it was showing estimate March, 4th, but after my trade-in and other documents were confirmed estimate moved to 2-6 weeks. I'm in CA.
I ordered mine 2/18, one day after the $2k price reduction. Originally my date was 2/18-3/4. Not more than a few days later it was changed to 2-6 weeks after ordered, just like yours. I'm in California.

I intended to order after the reduction in price for a MY5 and the rug was pulled off my feet just a day before I intended to order the car. I contacted the internet website and was offered loaner cars for the reduced new cae price. Yesterday I contacted a salesman at a local Tesla store and he had several models left at the reduced price. By then my wife had decided she wanted thee Model 3 instead of the Y and so went ahead and placed an order.

I ordered on 2/15 SR MY 5 seats, white/black - it was showing estimate March, 4th, but after my trade-in and other documents were confirmed estimate moved to 2-6 weeks. I'm in CA.
Very interesting, as we see in a few MY SR threads people reported their Tesla SAs telling them the car is no longer been made, and current orders are only to be matched to existing inventory, if you guys' 2-6 weeks timeframe is correct then I think it's indication that production is still ongoing.

Congrats Smash! The VINs are not consecutive so you should ask your SA when the car was 'born'. Reading on other forums they switched all cars after either 2/6 or 2/7 to the new console. I spoke to my SA yesterday and he told me that they are still making and honoring all SR orders and as far as an ETA he told me 'Definitely by the end of the month.' Time will tell......

My SA had to ship one from seattle to cali to match me with my SR Y. Vin is 133xxx and scheduled for this saturday. He keeps telling me they are not making anymore and I should take this car no matter what. I was going to hold out for a end of a quarter one but apparently this car's bday is feb 20 so im just taking it. Apparently the east coast has a bunch of them, but none here on the west coast. I want the new headlights more than the center console, but those only come in the performance variant so whatever.

I placed my YSR order on February 1st in LA, CA but had my sales advisor put it on hold pending the new console (to do this this the sales advisors mark the order as "ineligible"). I edited my order on February 19th and added the hitch and asked my sales advisor to take my order off hold on February 22nd so as of this date it is "eligible to be matched". Soon after the announcement that that the YSR was being discontinued on the 19th, my sales advisor said they were notified by corporate on their newsletter that "all existing SRY orders will be fulfilled" and he hasn't heard anything to the contrary since (lets hope for my sake this also applies to orders that were "ineligible" as of the cancelation date). He checked my order a couple of days ago and there is no estimated delivery date showing on his side yet (these initial dates are hidden from the buyer as they sometimes change) but he anticipates delivery by the end March (Q1) at latest. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Reactions: asaulo1
Okay, I mentioned this in other SR thread for 7 seater - I have been officially told to change my existing configuration (MSM, Black interior, 20inch and 7 seater) as they don't have this configuration available in the inventory and factory is no longer producing SR 7. He did an inventory search and found two models that closely matched my configuration except for the color (matched with RED), one of them was close my area and other one was on NY side. I really don't want RED as I already have a RED so the choice is wait for me to find any inventory becomes available due to any rejections or change the configuration. He could find me match for lot of SR 5 seaters though.

I have a feeling the 7 seater SR is going to be a unicorn since it is not a super common requested configuration and has not been available for a long time. I can see them wanting to keep the 7 seat configuration for more 'premium' versions but what do I know. I am fairly new to the Tesla game but I am a very fast study.

I ordered an "in stock" MY SR 5 seater (white/white) on Feb 26th. Offered delivery dates of March 2/3/4. I selected March 4. Got a call yesterday they don't have the car yet (it's beeing shipped about 100km from a different SC). Re-scheduled for March 6th. Hopefully that sticks. Vin 109xxx - was told it will have the heated steering wheel. I'm assuming old console as well, but that is OK as I prefer the old one.

Ordered Mud flaps and NEMA 14-50 adapter and those both should arrive next week. Scheduling PPF also for early next week.

ordered my MY SR white/black on 1/24 and am still waiting for a VIN. I am in SoCal and have been trying to find out from anyone what's going on with my order. Anyone else waiting on a late Jan. early Feb. order for the MY SR?

ordered my MY SR white/black on 1/24 and am still waiting for a VIN. I am in SoCal and have been trying to find out from anyone what's going on with my order. Anyone else waiting on a late Jan. early Feb. order for the MY SR?
Unless you are waiting for a 7 seat SR MY, there are currently 16 New SR MY, White exterior / black interior showing on EV-CPO.com. You might want to contact the local Sales Center and ask to be matched to an inventory SR Model Y.

Reactions: EV-CPO

I'm still waiting. Placed order on 2/15. My SA has no idea when it will be available. Reading other forum posts it looks like mid/end of March. But who knows. Will keep you posted.