Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck with recent Y SR orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed an order on Monday when I called the dealer. The SA found me a car in Texas. I am currently living in SoCal. Appointment for delivery will be Thursday. I’ve got MVPA ready to go. Vin was assigned right away. The car has 15 miles on it.

White-Black with 19s.

Easy-breezy.
My wife has a similar situation. SA found a metallic blue SR Y in Tampa last Thurs with 22 miles. Mvpa ready, vin assigned and pickup date is set for this Tues in Miami.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Talked to my local SA recently and they'd be happy to place an order for existing inventory and will search for it, but it's pretty clear at this point that the SR MY is no longer being produced. There are none left on the Left Coast and the closest one is in Texas, and with color/rim upgrades, so at this point might as well wait for LR MY with the tax credit.

just got off the phone with a tesla sales advisor and was told that there was a delay in inputting my completed profile into the system and that it only shows that the profile was done recently. Which means that it doesn't prioritize you from your order date but the completion of the profile date which is all the completed financing steps. Sucks. Now it looks like I'm in the back of the line for my MY SR and to think I thought I had everything set since the couple of weeks after I placed my order. Good thing I called and checked on it, if not, I'm probably still going to be in limbo. Oh well. Another test of patience for my MY SR. for all of you that have ordered, make sure you check that you've completed everything and that your profile is submitted in the system. That will be the only time they can slot you for a VIN.
I am confused. How do I complete the financing without VIN?

I am confused. How do I complete the financing without VIN?
Are you financing through Tesla? If so, you select finance and they use your order information to know what the price of the car is and they send that out to various banks then come back to you with the best offer. You don’t have a specific car til they match you a VIN but the way Tesla works they know the price of what you ordered.

So I just picked up a white on white SR after I got unlinked with my white on black sr model y. I have the updated console but no new headlights. Build date on the window sticker says 3/21 built. My SA told me it would have the headlights but I guess not

I’ve watched a video or two that people have uploaded to their YouTube channels in the last day or so that shows the new center-console on the SR Model Y. I’m interested if it will be the same across the board.
Can you link some of the videos. My SA is telling me that they stopped building SR's before the new console arrived. And that there are no SR's built after Feb and none with new consoles. I dont care if he's telling the truth or not. I care more about getting the latest built SR possible.

All the VIN's he's sent me are like 100-106xxx range. Old inventory cars that were probably built in November or December.

Can you link some of the videos. My SA is telling me that they stopped building SR's before the new console arrived. And that there are no SR's built after Feb and none with new consoles. I dont care if he's telling the truth or not. I care more about getting the latest built SR possible.

All the VIN's he's sent me are like 100-106xxx range. Old inventory cars that were probably built in November or December.

Your SA needs to be a bit more informed. It irks me how some of the SA's are in the dark. Most have no idea what they're talking about.

This video was uploaded on March 13th.

20:45, it is a SR Model Y, it doesn't have the Dual Motor badge. Not to mention, the uploader in a previous video is talking about they stopped making these types of Model Y's.

At the 14Min Mark, the new console.

I'm trying to find the other videos where I saw the new console. When I find them, I'll post them.

It's clear from the spreadsheet that SR were last built on March 5th or so (VINs assigned that day): Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Scroll down, this link shows it sorted by VIN Date. March 5th means new console for sure (@iGSK and @oldcanadian have both taken delivery of SR built after the switch to the new console in early Feb: @oldcanadian at least posted here he had the new console: Model Y pickup in Vancouver).

can anybody give me info on this VIN? 5YJYGDED6MF106381

Its a new, existing SR. Any clue when it was made and if it has the new center console/steering wheel/headlights?
Wouldn’t be able to tell you but my VIN is 109, so, my appointment date is Thursday, thus, if my console is the old-one, then yours will probably be the same. But who really knows with Tesla. I guess you won’t know until you get there.

Last edited:
I don't get it. The SR is a great deal, especially in Canada. The jump to LR is huge here!
SR is a great deal for someone like myself, my commute to and from work is about 30 miles. I also live in an area with tons of Supercharger stations. I do think the SR will make a comeback once more Supercharging stations are available, Elon is all about affordability.

He’s lying to you my SR has all the new updates besides the headlights I just got mine 2 days ago with 3/21 build date

I got my VIN back and it was the same VIN that was previously removed. I checked with my SA he mentioned that the car just got built and on it's way to the dealership. He also confirmed it's gonna have new center console. Delivery estimate now showing Current Date - March 15th.

So I got my SR MY with VIN 109xxx and it has new console. Build date is 3/21.

Reactions: RedWhite19
So I got my SR MY with VIN 109xxx and it has new console. Build date is 3/21.
Interesting. My VIN is also a 109 number BUT my SA said it was built around the cutoff date(Feb), but couldn’t find the email for the exact date. I didn’t push the matter. I said I’ll see the car in a couple days, no worries.

And congrats!

PS. You got your Model SR MY today AND it was built on 3/21?
Skynet is real...

Last edited:
Reactions: No Tezla Yet
Interesting. My VIN is also a 109 number BUT my SA said it was built around the cutoff date(Feb), but couldn’t find the email for the exact date. I didn’t push the matter. I said I’ll see the car in a couple days, no worries.

And congrats!

PS. You got your Model SR MY today AND it was built on 3/21?
Skynet is real...

My VIN is 109xxx with a build date of January 21, 2021. Old console but everything else is there. I don't mind the old console. I even have the double washer nozzles on the wipers :)