Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck with recent Y SR orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There needs to be clarification. Ordering means the SA will find you one that is in inventory. He or she will say “I have these trims and they are in these locations, would you like me to order it for you?”

Somebody did not want it for whatever the reason.

There needs to be clarification. Ordering means the SA will find you one that is in inventory. He or she will say “I have these trims and they are in these locations, would you like me to order it for you?”

Somebody did not want it for whatever the reason.
I think what he meant is that he was able to snag one that was in inventory. I was able to snag one this morning as well from the inventory. SR Blue with Black Interior. VIN- 163xxx. Born Date is 03/31/21. Just came right off Fremont Factory. I reached out to delivery team in Buena Park and they advised the car will be arriving this Saturday( 04/03) and i will be picking up this Sunday.

I think what he meant is that he was able to snag one that was in inventory. I was able to snag one this morning as well from the inventory. SR Blue with Black Interior. VIN- 163xxx. Born Date is 03/31/21. Just came right off Fremont Factory. I reached out to delivery team in Buena Park and they advised the car will be arriving this Saturday( 04/03) and i will be picking up this Sunday.
Yeah, pretty much that’s what I just said... 😂

And congrats!

There’s a lot of misinformation here. It seems like people who got the MY SR are saying it’s impossible to get for whatever reasons they want to feel special or just jealous that others can also get it. I can personally tell you that it’s not a gold prize to have a SR. They will be coming up in the next coming months. Be patient and work with a SA as they will most likely be able to find one for you if your serious about buying.

There’s a lot of misinformation here. It seems like people who got the MY SR are saying it’s impossible to get for whatever reasons they want to feel special or just jealous that others can also get it. I can personally tell you that it’s not a gold prize to have a SR. They will be coming up in the next coming months. Be patient and work with a SA as they will most likely be able to find one for you if your serious about buying.
I don’t think anybody is saying that. If you look this thread, it has been said to work with a SA to help you find one.

No vin assigned.
Okay, you probably will get an update within the next day or two. Like others here, you could possibly get a new build. But call your SA and ask.

How many of them will be coming out would you say? I believe they are only building for existing orders and the only way someone who doesnt have an existing order will be able to get one is if someone rejects one or they cancel their order before they take delivery. There is no indication they are building new ones for anyone who calls in to a store and places an order. You have to be lucky and see one pop up in inventory online or have a SA looking out for one for you. If they were easy to get you'd be able to go to Tesla.com and order one from inventory. The ones that have popped up have lasted less than 5 minutes.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Just checked my account this morning and a VIN for a SR in the exact spec I wanted was assigned. A few hours later I got a text asking for scheduling delivery. Getting it this coming Wednesday.

For background info. I ordered before Tesla cancelled the SR, rejected two allocations (again prior to the cancellation) and had put my order on hold until about two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Just checked my account this morning and a VIN for a SR in the exact spec I wanted was assigned. A few hours later I got a text asking for scheduling delivery. Getting it this coming Wednesday.

For background info. I ordered before Tesla cancelled the SR, rejected two allocations (again prior to the cancellation) and had put my order on hold until about two weeks ago.
what's your order date and estimate delivery date shows on your account?

Delivered a day early. Only visible exterior issue is a slightly raised charging door. Which my 2020 3 also exhibits. Shows 03/21 build so our born on date is 3/31/21. Factory to doorstep in less than two days.

1617425813530.jpeg