Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any M5 or AMG 63 jumpers here to report about experience post "Antiques" :)?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
I am waiting for my P90DL to be delivered in next couple of weeks and already put my M5 LSB with Comp Package for lease assumption and sale even before I get my Tesla delivered :)

Denervating is an understatement !!

Guys please say something to make me less anxious :)

Thank you
Loving the forum
You're getting a BMW nut enthusiast onboard and that' can be an electrifying feeling (Pun intended) :)

Reactions: rdr1rx
Had an 2008 E60 M5 SMG with the banshee wailing V10. I only miss the music of 1st gear at 8250 rpm playing through a Dinan stainless exhaust system. The 10 mpg and gassing up every 2 days ... hell no. Would I go back? Someday, but this time in an M3 (no, not the Model 3, the *real* M3). Nothing beats an M car 'round Laguna Seca for an 8 hour track day. The S would probably do a hot lap or two before it poops out, then you'd sit out most of your track day recharging so you can make it home.

Reactions: DIL and Hota
Had an 2008 E60 M5 SMG with the banshee wailing V10. I only miss the music of 1st gear at 8250 rpm playing through a Dinan stainless exhaust system. The 10 mpg and gassing up every 2 days ... hell no. Would I go back? Someday, but this time in an M3 (no, not the Model 3, the *real* M3). Nothing beats an M car 'round Laguna Seca for an 8 hour track day. The S would probably do a hot lap or two before it poops out, then you'd sit out most of your track day recharging so you can make it home.

LOL
Appreciate your candor :)

I had a 2012 E63...loved the sound - what brute! I just got my P90D two weeks ago and have never looked back though. There's nothing like that acceleration!! The smooth quiet ride is great for daily driving too. I agree with rd1rx though - if you're looking for a track toy, there are better options...

You won't be disappointed! Congrats!

I had a 2012 E63...loved the sound - what brute! I just got my P90D two weeks ago and have never looked back though. There's nothing like that acceleration!! The smooth quiet ride is great for daily driving too. I agree with rd1rx though - if you're looking for a track toy, there are better options...

You won't be disappointed! Congrats!

I never track my cars!
Wifey won't let me :)
Thank you sir for chiming in
2012 is Biturbo but RWD

very simple...no need for long-winded answer

pros of MS: crazy acceleration with no fish tail (i.e., puts the power down), handles great with low center of gravity (not sure which wheels you're getting but I have the 21's and they've been great), WAAY better cost of ownership (tax rebate, no gas, no maintenance), quiet, smooth ride, beautiful exterior, a lot of room (i have 2 kids in car seats and fit great), lots of trunk space, incredible customer service (didn't have as much with MB)

cons: interior a little on cheap side compared to competitors, no V8 engine growl and gear shifting (obviously by paddles but anyway, it can feel a little isolated)

hope this helps

very simple...no need for long-winded answer

pros of MS: crazy acceleration with no fish tail (i.e., puts the power down), handles great with low center of gravity (not sure which wheels you're getting but I have the 21's and they've been great), WAAY better cost of ownership (tax rebate, no gas, no maintenance), quiet, smooth ride, beautiful exterior, a lot of room (i have 2 kids in car seats and fit great), lots of trunk space, incredible customer service (didn't have as much with MB)

cons: interior a little on cheap side compared to competitors, no V8 engine growl and gear shifting (obviously by paddles but anyway, it can feel a little isolated)

hope this helps

It does
Thank you
So kind of you bro

View attachment 192137 I am waiting for my P90DL to be delivered in next couple of weeks and already put my M5 LSB with Comp Package for lease assumption and sale even before I get my Tesla delivered :)

Thank you
Loving the forum
You're getting a BMW nut enthusiast onboard and that' can be an electrifying feeling (Pun intended) :)
Sold my F10 M5 about a year ago after driving an i3. Loved the i3 (like a souped up golf cart) but low on amenities. This was my foray into the electric car market. My MS was delivered about 2 weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. Not the amenities my M5 had but pretty darn close. Acceleration blows the M5 away and obviously the traction is 1000 times better. I'll miss the engine sound and cooled seats but that's about it. Plus, I can drive it in the winter now so much more enjoyment.

Reactions: soooma
Sold my F10 M5 about a year ago after driving an i3. Loved the i3 (like a souped up golf cart) but low on amenities. This was my foray into the electric car market. My MS was delivered about 2 weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. Not the amenities my M5 had but pretty darn close. Acceleration blows the M5 away and obviously the traction is 1000 times better. I'll miss the engine sound and cooled seats but that's about it. Plus, I can drive it in the winter now so much more enjoyment.

Thanks

Would you Elaborate please?!
P90DL ? year model?!
Acceleration on highway after 50-60mph?! I felt M5 was way faster !! As it turns out I don't car for gear changes and enjoyed gearless linear acceleration in MS!! No heads up is a shame!! No vent seats on 2015 146k car!! No console !!! Seats not near as good!! HFS not even close to B&zone but still somehow I like my coming Tesla!! I am a technophile!!

View attachment 192137 I am waiting for my P90DL to be delivered in next couple of weeks and already put my M5 LSB with Comp Package for lease assumption and sale even before I get my Tesla delivered :)

Thank you
Loving the forum

Long time BMW owner here, now have a P85+ as an experiment to give something different a try.

I've had the following: E39 540i6, E39 M5, E60 550, E60 M5 six speed, E60 M5 SMG and F10 M5 DCT. You'll be pretty happy with the Model S. Stoplight acceleration is better than the F10 and more controlled - far less dramatic of an experience. From a novelty standpoint, I get far more commentary and curiosity in the Model S than I ever did in any BMW.

However, for what might be an unpopular opinion on this board, the F10 M5 is a better car overall - again, my opinion. The fit and finish and interior materials quality is just better. Never owned but driven many Affalterbach AMG's and they're generally a step better in the interior quality department. The touchscreen in the Model S is well done, but, I lean toward the M / AMG cars for overall build quality.

Warranty will be over on my P85+ in about 18 months, the real answer will be when it's time to replace the car. Will it be with the new platform M5 for another Model S (P120 by then???)... don't know the answer yet, time will tell.

To answer your request - no need to be anxious. You will be happy with either the MS or the M5 - both amazing cars. Just very different ways of getting to great.

I would have to dido all the comments by M5Guy although my experience is only with the 7 series (and Mercedes S). On the one hand, the BMW is overall a better evolved and built machine. BUT...

Which car do I drive every day? Tesla hands-down. Way, way more fun and high tech. The experience is unlike any other car that I know of. I cannot remember a new car that I enjoyed so much, not even the new Corvette I got back in the 80s (although that was pretty fun too).

Since I received my Tesla, I drive the BMW 7 series about once a month, I guess just because. The M5 is a great car, and if you can afford both, my guess would be that the M5 would be sitting around more than you think.

What they say around here is pretty much true. It's hard to go back to ICE.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EinSV
Thanks

Would you Elaborate please?!
P90DL ? year model?!
Acceleration on highway after 50-60mph?! I felt M5 was way faster !! As it turns out I don't car for gear changes and enjoyed gearless linear acceleration in MS!! No heads up is a shame!! No vent seats on 2015 146k car!! No console !!! Seats not near as good!! HFS not even close to B&zone but still somehow I like my coming Tesla!! I am a technophile!!

The new builds have the new Premium Seats (ventilated), center console, rear cup holders, and 2 rear USB ports.