Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any May-July reservation holders receive an invite?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non-owner Texas, made M3 reservation online on 3/31/16 release night during the reveal show probably around 9pm Central. Delivery estimator said May-July 2018 as of very recently and out of nowhere, received configuration email on Friday the 13th afternoon at 3pm. Still deciding whether to order now, wait for AWD, or get used or perhaps new MS down the line. Driving 2014 ICE excellent condition now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 12.42.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 12.42.20 AM.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 55
According to Troy’s estimator I should be able to configure May 1. Getting blisters on my finger and carpal tunnel from repeatedly checking the Tesla site. 2 years and almost a month later this waiting is excruciating. Curious if my VIN will be from the batch after the shutdown last week? Good luck to the rest of the May-Julyers (and everyone else).

• Funny
Reactions: DR61
Non-owner, May-July, no invite. I was hoping I would get an invite the next round but from what I am seeing looks like this round went to the Canadians. I’m happy for them but this wait is killing me. Not sure if their plans , if there are any, for stretching the full federal incentive might influence our deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
I was among the masses that reserved online during the reveal, non-owner, CA. Like others I got pushed back to May-July and worse the standard battery option I preferred got dropped all the way to early '19. Surprisingly I got the invite to order email on 4/18 while boondock camping in AZ so the order didn't get placed until 4/24. Waffled over paying the extra $9k for the Long Range for quite a while prior to the invite but otherwise all the cards fell into place making the final decision one of only color choice (Red Multi-coat edged out Deep Blue Metallic).

Non-owner, May-July, no invite. I was hoping I would get an invite the next round but from what I am seeing looks like this round went to the Canadians. I’m happy for them but this wait is killing me. Not sure if their plans , if there are any, for stretching the full federal incentive might influence our deliveries.
For now, you are good until end of September for full $7500. Canada got bumped ahead to try to stay under 200K delivered in the US.

For now, you are good until end of September for full $7500. Canada got bumped ahead to try to stay under 200K delivered in the US.

I know, that is what I was saying. I’m not worried about the full incentive for the May-July window, but I am frustrated that I have seen reports on this forum of 2017 non-owner Canadian reservations getting invites while I continue to wait with my reservation from over two years ago.

I know, that is what I was saying. I’m not worried about the full incentive for the May-July window, but I am frustrated that I have seen reports on this forum of 2017 non-owner Canadian reservations getting invites while I continue to wait with my reservation from over two years ago.
It's the best way for Tesla to create some breathing room, it's better for the US holder in the end. We just have to take one for Team Tesla :p

Reactions: GDNTX and C141medic
Hopefully this week or next week. I think we may have gotten a little delayed because of the Canadian invites and the shutdown last week. I’m also hoping that when the invite comes we may not have to wait as long for a VIN since production may be higher?

Did Tesla forget about the rest of us May-July’ers?

Seems like it, still waiting here. Like you mentioned I think the shift to the Canadians and the shutdown hurt us as far as receiving an invite. They still have plenty of time to invite and deliver within the window but I have a feeling we might not see our cars until after July 1. We may be taking a hit for the team to extend the 200,000 to Q3.

The spreadsheets show there has only been a single invite in May. I suspect the invites will resume on May 20. That is 6 weeks before July 1. This lets Tesla hit deliveries in high gear on July 1 (Q3 to optimize the tax credit benefit) and still roughly meet their 3-6 week guideline for delivery.

Reactions: jsrawa
I’m thinking the fact that the May-July group got delayed for an invite may actually be a good thing for individuals who were looking for AWD. I’m basing this off Troy’s estimator which indicates the possibility of receiving the AWD by Sept 2018. What’s also interesting is that his spreadsheet now shows the LR-PUP delivery date around July for me, whereas before it indicated May 10 invite and delivery in June. This may or may not come to fruition, but we can all hope.
Model 3 Delivery Estimator

I’m thinking the fact that the May-July group got delayed for an invite may actually be a good thing for individuals who were looking for AWD. I’m basing this off Troy’s estimator which indicates the possibility of receiving the AWD by Sept 2018. What’s also interesting is that his spreadsheet now shows the LR-PUP delivery date around July for me, whereas before it indicated May 10 invite and delivery in June. This may or may not come to fruition, but we can all hope.
Model 3 Delivery Estimator

Maybe but AWD shows late 2018 for me still. You have to keep in mind that even when AWD begins they will be continuing to deliver LR-PUP simultaneously and with the AWD demand I think we would be realistically looking at November/December. On a positive note it looks like it will still qualify for the full rebate even in Q4 if you do decide on AWD.

It is with great sadness that I had to cancel my reservation today due to upcoming changes in my life. It’s ironic too because I probably would have been invited very soon. I was very excited to have been a part of this entire adventure. I guess it wasn’t meant to be this time around but I’m not giving up. Perhaps the Model Y. My best wishes to everyone who has their M3 or will have one soon.