Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Midwestern Tesla owners heading to Carbondale, IL for the eclipse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmmm, not Midwestern here, but at 900 or so miles, and a better chance of clear skies, it's tempting. Santee SC weather starting to look better than a few days ago though, and 300 miles less.

With no responses, I guess there are no other Tesla's in the Midwest :)

We're now wondering whether the region between Bowling Green, KY and Nashville, TN might make more sense -- easier to get to, and just as eclipse-y. I guess Hopkinsville, KY (just a little to the west of this area) is the absolute max place. But, man, the number of people expected to descend upon these areas is a bit scary...

We're now wondering whether the region between Bowling Green, KY and Nashville, TN might make more sense -- easier to get to, and just as eclipse-y. I guess Hopkinsville, KY (just a little to the west of this area) is the absolute max place. But, man, the number of people expected to descend upon these areas is a bit scary...

If it doesn't freak some out, looks like Cave Springs Cemetery in Hopkinsville is on the centerline. With respect to the dearly departed within of course.

Hundreds of thousands around Nashville evidently.
Yeah, between the completely insane crowds (I'm not worried about before so much, but after...) and having a couple of other trips to do both before and after I'm afraid we decided to bail on this. The 2024 eclipse goes right through Indianapolis, 70 miles from us, so that'll be a much better opportunity (if we're still around here then). For those going, good luck and enjoy!

Yeah, the 20 to 30 mile traffic jam Thursday in Oregon was kind of unnerving.

Hoping the weather forecast for SC turns around. Also at 73 by 2024, I hope I'll still be around. Maybe my paid for FSD option will be a real thing by then. :rolleyes:

Hundreds of thousands around Nashville evidently. There are only a few hotels left and are running $800-900/night on the 20th. I saw a Knights Inn in Lebanon listed for $700.....yes, a Knights Inn.
That would tell me I'd need to check out how it is to sleep in the Model S with seats back.

About 30 years ago I slept in the back of my 1987 Integra, seats back, rather than use the money for a motel that the tenting company gave me. I'm sure my S90D would be more comfortable.