Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any military bros/sis in this forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Retired Navy. Last time I was visited the exchange in Bethesda there were several electric car parking spots with chargers. That was about 3 years ago and I don't recall what adapter was in use, but I was impressed the spots were there and it might have been part of my early thoughts on going electric.

Link to the other military thread? I'm curious.

Depends on your rank, but yes, the Basic Allowance for the LA area is an anomaly when compared to the rest of the country. Even with that, you are still talking about a very small percentage of military members that can afford a $50K+ vehicle.

That can PRUDENTLY afford a $50k+ vehicle. I see a ton of E2-E3 "kids" driving $50k cars that live on base. Most of them are hopped up Mustang/Camaro/Japanese imports. Not to mention just about every senior enlisted person has a $50k lifted truck ;)

It’s not hard to afford this car. E6, sole custody dad, zero child support, currently eating the 3 payment and the last six months of my tweener lease, and own my house. It’s about budgeting, and being smart with your money. I was fortunate enough to be able to save money for two years before I took delivery. So, it’s possible... you just have to budget properly.

Retired Army ORSA (25 active 4 NG). I see many senior enlisted drive price-equivalent cars upscale BMWs, M series, Cadillac SUVs.
To Foster24 and others...I don't expect the PX staff to be knowledgable on Tesla cars and charging stations nor do I expect my doctor to concern herself with the placement of handicap signs in her parking lot. That doesn't mean their dumb. They have prioritize other things of value
I'm looking to purchase a used Model S. A P85D would have the best ROI of any Tesla over a 4yr period. I currently drive a 2" lifted 2017 Tacoma LB I'm selling - drinks too much gas. (BTW, Tacomas have the best resale value of any vehicle.)

Naw. Forget the decal. Try a front plate that says what you’re about.

or this... Naval Aviator Wings M3.jpg

From an old Marine. Semper Fi.

Reactions: C141medic