Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model 3 RHD Test Drives Yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looking at booking a test drive at MK. No option on the booking site, location is not listed. Nearest alternative for me is Cambridge, which is a pain to get to.

Well Tesla MK cancelled my test drive, I'm personally avoiding them like the plague now, that's two test drives they've canned on me, first was for a Model S, as I wanted to try driving an electric car before committing to the 3 purchase (this was very early May) they phoned up and quite abruptly told me I couldn't drive one, as I wasn't interested in purchasing an S! - This is what happens if you are honest with them.

I then booked the 3 test drive as I said above, even phoned them that afternoon to confirm all was good for the next day. Om the morning I was booked to go down there, I get a call telling me it was double booked, so I couldn't drive one.. went spare at them. Posted a mini rant on one of the Facebook groups, Cambridge Tesla got in touch and saved the day. It might be further away, but the service I've received from Cambridge has been leagues above they way I've been treated by the staff at MK.

I also read yesterday, that MK were refusing test drives of the 3 for anyone who's ordered one, so only for people still on the fence due to the demand for test drives.. not sure if 100% true though.

Maybe make a day of it, Cambridge is a lovely place to go anyway :)

Reactions: Roy W.
Well Tesla MK cancelled my test drive, I'm personally avoiding them like the plague now, that's two test drives they've canned on me, first was for a Model S, as I wanted to try driving an electric car before committing to the 3 purchase (this was very early May) they phoned up and quite abruptly told me I couldn't drive one, as I wasn't interested in purchasing an S! - This is what happens if you are honest with them.

I then booked the 3 test drive as I said above, even phoned them that afternoon to confirm all was good for the next day. Om the morning I was booked to go down there, I get a call telling me it was double booked, so I couldn't drive one.. went spare at them. Posted a mini rant on one of the Facebook groups, Cambridge Tesla got in touch and saved the day. It might be further away, but the service I've received from Cambridge has been leagues above they way I've been treated by the staff at MK.

I also read yesterday, that MK were refusing test drives of the 3 for anyone who's ordered one, so only for people still on the fence due to the demand for test drives.. not sure if 100% true though.

Maybe make a day of it, Cambridge is a lovely place to go anyway :)
True but Cambridge is in one of the shopping arcades right in the middle of town. It's a real pain in the ass to get to it :)

My test drive at Solihull couldn't have been smoother. I called on Mon pm and booked a slot at 5pm the following day. Arrived early and had a nice chat with sales guys and then went out early since the previous test drive was a no-show. There were two Model 3 cars in the test drive parking bay. Rep was helpful and fairly open I think. Guess the experience is down to how good the local office is.

My test drive at Solihull couldn't have been smoother. I called on Mon pm and booked a slot at 5pm the following day. Arrived early and had a nice chat with sales guys and then went out early since the previous test drive was a no-show. There were two Model 3 cars in the test drive parking bay. Rep was helpful and fairly open I think. Guess the experience is down to how good the local office is.
Yes, it definitely varies from branch to branch, but I’ve found it varies more depending who you’re talking too. Just like real car dealers I suppose! I had a poor experience at Digbeth, but there is also a guy there who drives an i3 who is excellent.

I had a test drive in MK on Tuesday, they couldn't have been more helpful. I told them I had a P3 on order and they said it wasn't an issue. After the drive they helped me change my order from a P3- to a P3+ because of the price changes that morning. The car I drove, (a P3+) was very impressive. Quiet and very fast to legal + speeds.