Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model 3 with new projector headlights in the USA?

ratsbew

Mar 3, 2012
O'Fallon, IL
I searched, but didn't find any info. Are new 3s being delivered with the new LED matrix projector headlights in the US market? I'm holding off for that along.

S3XYM3

Jan 24, 2021
South FL
I have definitely seen Youtube videos with the 2021 Model 3 with the updated headlights, here in the US. If you do a search on Youtube for "2021 Model 3" and sort by last upload, you will see some.

XPsionic

Jan 20, 2021
los angeles
They're super bright, amazing headlights. Very sharp cut off, the areas covered by the 21 Model 3's low beam is lit as well as other cars I've had with Bi-xenon on high beams.

Triple D

Jun 1, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I saw a new model 3 on the 101 freeway in Sherman Oaks this week with the new headlights.
I noticed the change right away. They looked good, slightly noticeable but definitely not obvious to anyone other than a enthusiast.

mikey_bs

Oct 16, 2020
DMV
I took delivery of my model 3 on December 30th, 2020 and has the new headlights. I actually unmatched my VIN twice to make sure I had the new headlights. Another member on here figured out when the new lights were being delivered. Last 6 of the VIN begin with 871xxx and higher will have the new headlights. We have analyzed many VINs and this seems to be very accurate. My VIN is a 872xxx and has them.

MilSpec

Apr 16, 2018
Los Angeles
I took delivery of my model 3 on December 30th, 2020 and has the new headlights. I actually unmatched my VIN twice to make sure I had the new headlights. Another member on here figured out when the new lights were being delivered. Last 6 of the VIN begin with 871xxx and higher will have the new headlights. We have analyzed many VINs and this seems to be very accurate. My VIN is a 872xxx and has them.

Thanks for the info. It's interesting that the new headlights and center console are not carrying over to the Model Ys that just left the factory last week.

Dkstunna

Feb 4, 2021
Texas
My Vin is 866xxx. I believe I have the new headlights. Are the new ones the one with a projector on the outside and has the function to adjust in the menu screen?

Ampre Sand

Nov 18, 2016
Seattle
VIN 876xxx and have the new headlights. Picked up end of December, and car was fresh from the Fremont factory.

The driving experience at night is as good as I would expect, though I do wish the headlights steered or had cornering lights like my other car (non-Tesla), but at least they are leaps and bounds above the dismal halogen lights on my 2016 LEAF SV!

If these are truly addressable matrix LEDs, perhaps a future software update will enable that.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC