Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model 3 with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my model 3 on December 30th, 2020 and has the new headlights. I actually unmatched my VIN twice to make sure I had the new headlights. Another member on here figured out when the new lights were being delivered. Last 6 of the VIN begin with 871xxx and higher will have the new headlights. We have analyzed many VINs and this seems to be very accurate. My VIN is a 872xxx and has them.

I took delivery of my model 3 on December 30th, 2020 and has the new headlights. I actually unmatched my VIN twice to make sure I had the new headlights. Another member on here figured out when the new lights were being delivered. Last 6 of the VIN begin with 871xxx and higher will have the new headlights. We have analyzed many VINs and this seems to be very accurate. My VIN is a 872xxx and has them.

Thanks for the info. It's interesting that the new headlights and center console are not carrying over to the Model Ys that just left the factory last week.

VIN 876xxx and have the new headlights. Picked up end of December, and car was fresh from the Fremont factory.

The driving experience at night is as good as I would expect, though I do wish the headlights steered or had cornering lights like my other car (non-Tesla), but at least they are leaps and bounds above the dismal halogen lights on my 2016 LEAF SV!

If these are truly addressable matrix LEDs, perhaps a future software update will enable that.