Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model 3s for test drives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rang Milton Keynes today, they said they had a model 3 available for test drive, but couldn’t guarantee a time, rang Birmingham and they said yes, would I like to drive an SR+ or LR performance - so I selected SR+ (on order).
Great experience, so glad they could fit me in within a couple of hours! :)
They announced a delivery of 3 months from order. - 2 more months to wait... I hope it’s no longer. ( I know they don’t really know)

I know they don’t really know

My guess is that they are right.

For the initial 5,00-ish orders they have no idea who-is-first/last. For a new order they know the strike rate of new orders (much reduced from Day one of course), so likely to have a good handle on production lead time.

Some chatter that Factory is ramping up Model-3 production rate too [news that Tesla suppliers have been asked to dramatically increase parts supply - more than would be needed for China starting] doubt that will influence current order delivery, but I think it is an encouraging sign

Reactions: Roy W.
Ring them and confirm it Roy, Tesla MK just called and cancelled my test drive I had booked for today, despite me ringing to check yesterday.

Completely and utterly ******* useless :mad:
Oh no Dave, that’s poor! I took your advice and just rung them. They confirmed it’s all ok for Monday. It had better be, it’s about a 2 hour drive for me to get there...

Are they rearranging yours?

Oh no Dave, that’s poor! I took your advice and just rung them. They confirmed it’s all ok for Monday. It had better be, it’s about a 2 hour drive for me to get there...

Are they rearranging yours?

Glad it’s sorted for you

Told them not to bother, it’s twice now MK have let me down on test drives (refused me a Model S test drive as I was honest and said I wanted a 3). Will probably book in with Cambridge

Depends why they cancelled it ... "Tesla chaos" = I agree, "previous driver stuffed it in the hedge" is a bit out of their control :)

Cars are still there, this is fully down to incompetence.