Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S's with the Keep Climate On (a.k.a. "camper mode") update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking that this could be very useful for another purpose - snow/ice melting mode. If you car is outside and there is freezing rain then keeping the climate system on and the car very warm may help from getting ice building up on the car - at least on the windows.

I am thinking that this could be very useful for another purpose - snow/ice melting mode. If you car is outside and there is freezing rain then keeping the climate system on and the car very warm may help from getting ice building up on the car - at least on the windows.
Yep, it's already been in some apps, but if you don't use them, now you can do it from the MCU.

Worked great the other night at kids’ soccer practice. It’s been getting chilly in the evening, set the car for 80F, switched on the option, got out, came back 1.5hrs later and it was toasty warm, exactly as expected!

No longer having to keep opening the app every 30 min is going to be great. (I realize other apps were able to do this previously.)

Reactions: Bebop
Yeah I agree with others in that camper mode is amazing. And it doesn’t suck that much battery range away at all.

Super helpful on a hot day like today, and while I’m grocery shopping the car won’t heat up like crazy on the inside, it will be nice and cool with camper activated.

would be cool if Tesla got some consistency in their UI for features that are not to be be made available during certain conditions...

sometimes they grey out a button (jack mode), and in this case they disappear the feature of the face of the screen.. peek-a-boo