Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

frankvb

Supporting Member
Feb 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
That crossed my mind as well. Mayve Giga Shanghai didn't have capacity? Demand in China for the MIC MY is pretty strong.
Could be as simple as not being able to export these from China, or that the process of exporting them is much easier from the USA to South Korea. or the import duty is much lower this way etc.

Reactions: srlawren

casey1202

Mar 13, 2021
Dallas, TX
How do you know it is a MYP? @RemsY posted the picture.

That makes a lot more sense. Do we have any confirmed April build date LRMY with the old headlights?
These are both very good questions - we never got a response from @RemsY confirming the details. And no, to the best of my knowledge, I haven't seen any posts yet on a LR with an April build date. Should be interesting.

bluenycom

Feb 12, 2021
Rancho Cucamonga
Do you know the date of manufacture? There is an entry on the spreadsheet with a VIN of 150,355 and a March build date. Yes, I know VINs are not sequential.
I don't think there is an easy way to know the exact build date looking at the vehicles. It only say 3/21 (Mar 2021) on the side of driver's door. Only someone with access to internal database can look up the build date.

brettjson

Feb 27, 2021
I don't think there is an easy way to know the exact build date looking at the vehicles. It only say 3/21 (Mar 2021) on the side of driver's door. Only someone with access to internal database can look up the build date.
I am just curious if the build was in april or march.

rubyred

Feb 21, 2020
USA
Was at Dublin CA SC yesterday and saw a 4/4 LR build in the delivery area, old headlights. (First I’ve seen or heard of an April build being delivered.)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC