Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

ratsbew

Mar 3, 2012
O'Fallon, IL
I have a 3 and the headlights are amazing. The only reason I want the "new" ones is for the potential for full-time high beams in the future and also to differentiate my Y from my 3 (I'll own both for a long time and don't want identical twins).

otfb

Apr 2, 2021
SATX
100% of the Performance Ys have had the updated lights for the past few months. You should be good to go.
e1e.gif

• Funny
Reactions: srlawren

DGMVW

Apr 13, 2021
Philadelphia
i follow this thread on a daily basis. cant wait till we see the day when someone confirms new headlights for LR. gonna be epic!
I totally agree. I've been waiting to order and told myself I'd get one 2nd quarter regardless of the lights and I'll be happy with either lights but really hope I get the new ones! Put my order in last week. Now I wait.

Reactions: casey1202

Jjrss

Mar 9, 2021
Tacoma
I was looking through ebay and new headlights are popping up. One thing I noticed the connector for this area seems different.

View attachment 654340 old
View attachment 654341 new
I believe these are just structural interconnects.

It also looks like the newer lights either dont require the same heatsinks (aluminum fins) or the seller removed them.

I also think one is a left side and the other a right.

Looking at other pictures, the actual wiring connection appears to be more centralized on the unit. (But I cant actually find good examples of both lights)

Last edited:
Reactions: eesmjus

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC