Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those aren't the new headlights. The new headlights will clearly have a projector lens on the outer part, like shown here.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I’ve been to delivery center today to check the LR MY and it had still old lights. Advisor told me that only performance and the europe deliveries are getting the new lights. VIN was 144XXX
The advisor here in Dallas told me the same thing but I just don’t buy it. First there was the internal memo from December that said globally all M3 and MY would have the new lights by the end of Q1. Second it makes no sense to not include them on the MY LR when they include them on every trim level for the M3. And finally Tesla almost always looks to limit variations

The advisor here in Dallas told me the same thing but I just don’t buy it. First there was the internal memo from December that said globally all M3 and MY would have the new lights by the end of Q1. Second it makes no sense to not include them on the MY LR when they include them on every trim level for the M3. And finally Tesla almost always looks to limit variations
Welcome

yeah this is exactly how I'm feeling. Which is why I keep waiting.. but for how long? I may just accept delivery by April

I feel like at the end of the day, an SA is an employee of a company that is encouraged to sell as much product as possible. Take what they say with a grain of salt, at the end of the day they might just be telling you whatever you need to hear in order to put in an order and increase their quarterly quotas.

You could be indefinitely delaying a car for a feature that may never exist for lower/middle tier models.

Since no one has posted ANY confirmed details or non-performance MY with the lights, it probably won't happen any time soon... which just means the SA doesnt know anything.

I'd much rather believe the SA that claims its a Performance only feature.

I agree with Casey (DFW represent) that it is very un-tesla-like to have one set of headlights for 4 of the 5 model 3/Y trims and another for just one. I think the most likely situation is they just decided to use the remaining supply/contract on the MYLR. It is possible they want to improve the cost margin on what will likely be the highest volume car this year by keeping a cheaper headlight, but my guess is it will switch over eventually. Could be tomorrow, could be a year from now.

I think we will also see the door trim change over eventually as well. I don’t think we will see the HEPA filter in the US, because I think that was something they felt was worth the cost to entice buyers in China. I also don’t think we will see an air suspension anytime soon. Just no reason to cannibalize the X.