Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I checked door and my build is 3/21 not 3/31. Here is pic of headlight.

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_075449.jpg
    IMG_20210412_075449.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 113
So I checked door and my build is 3/21 not 3/31. Here is pic of headlight.
Door label contains only month and year; so March 2021. The 3/31 specified month and day; so March 31, 2021. The precise day of build is on a label attached to the car when it leaves the factory, which is removed in prep for delivery to customer. An SA can tell you what the precise build day is.

Whisperingshad, the headlight for my 3/28 build SRY is the same as your pic with the 6 or so separate "cells". I am assuming that is the old headlight right and not the new 'adaptive' one? Do the adaptive ones have two or three larger "cells" with a projector lens on the outside? I was at the Tesla showroom the other day and saw a new M3 with the 2-3 cell headlights.

Door label contains only month and year; so March 2021. The 3/31 specified month and day; so March 31, 2021. The precise day of build is on a label attached to the car when it leaves the factory, which is removed in prep for delivery to customer. An SA can tell you what the precise build day is.
good to know lol, guess i haven't had enough coffee yet lol. He has said 3/31

I officially got a vin number! 173xxx. Ordered Dec 2th 2020, delayed till March 30, 21. I was holding out for the headlights but I don't care anymore.
Same situation as you, didn't want to wait any longer for the headlights and/or CVAP grant. I just got a VIN today of 175xxx, delivery 4/12-4/15 (I live 15 mins from the Fremont factory). Will report back about the headlights after delivery.

Whisperingshad, the headlight for my 3/28 build SRY is the same as your pic with the 6 or so separate "cells". I am assuming that is the old headlight right and not the new 'adaptive' one? Do the adaptive ones have two or three larger "cells" with a projector lens on the outside? I was at the Tesla showroom the other day and saw a new M3 with the 2-3 cell headlights.
The "cells" you described are reflectors. If you look at the top (ceiling) of each, you'd see the actual LED's. The new lights have projector at the outside position and a few reflectors on the inside positions. Typically when they have combined projector/reflector light like this, the projector is the main low beam and the reflectors are the main high beam. New headlights are NOT adaptive for the US market at this time.