Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently have my Model Y on hold. like some I’m mainly waiting for the new headlights. Working 2 Seconds away from the Fremont plant. I see new Tesla’s daily on car carriers on 880 and/or 680. Have not seen any Y’s with the updated headlights. I really think it will be soon...

Reactions: Platini
I was looking through ebay and new headlights are popping up. One thing I noticed the connector for this area seems different.

View attachment 654340 old
View attachment 654341 new
Really hard to see what is going on connector-wise. Will be really interesting to see if retrofit is an option. Obviously because of the software needed, would have to be Tesla approved. I think I saw a post somewhere where a M3 owner tried to make a service appt to get the new lights and they said it was impossible.

So if my VIN #175,xxx has yet to be delivered what does that tell me? Someone refused or cancelled it?
It means you live on east coast so your vehicle was produced earlier and takes more time to transport across the country to reach you.. The other person you quoted lives in Cali so the it was produced more recently since it's possible to deliver a few days after production.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I gave up waiting too. Don't have a VIN yet but I watch this page couple times a day. Estimated delivery is 5/21-6/10. I'll just keep hoping but honestly since we've been home the last 12 months I find I don't drive very much when it's dark out anymore.

Side note, I saw that the newest Audi Q4 e-tron has matrix LEDs and the driver will get a choice of what their daytime running light pattern will be so they can customize it...pretty cool.

Reactions: casey1202
Here are some short video clips that show what the Europeans are doing with the new headlights:
HD LED:
Adaptive headlights:
Matrix LED:
Elon Musk, CEO stated in a company memo:
“Q1 2021, we expect all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles to feature this new unit.”
That's why I am waiting for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: lozza and ratsbew