Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another price increase, maybe they are finally coming!!
Right, I'm less dismayed by the price bumps if the standard equipment is improving. I had said that I'd be willing to pay an increment for the new lights as an option, so for me its OK if there's a connection. Others who are perfectly content with the present lights would most likely be annoyed to learn that this is a reason behind the price increase.

But there may be no particular connection, and in any case it's unlikely to be clarified by Tesla.

Reactions: BigTrailer
My SA is out but emailed Seattle's order support and was told "Unfortunately at this point we have no plans or knowledge of any future plans to introduce these headlights to any other variant of the Model Y than the Performance trim in the US market."

Elon Musk, CEO stated in a company memo:
“Q1 2021, we expect all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles to feature this new unit.

I don't doubt that was the goal. I wonder what happened to slow it down? Maybe the margins are so good and volume so high on the LR AWD Y that they are keeping the "cheaper" lights.
That makes the NA Model Y the only variant with these lights. I doubt they'll keep them long-term they probably still have inventory.

It's funny I was really excited to get this upgrade and then realized... I don't even remember the last time I turned on my high beams.

Personally I'm more concerned about getting the 82 KW battery.

The new headlights are seen on the online order form when you make the purchase. False advertising for not being included???

@S3XY1138 I've never gone hunting for terms and conditions on the site, but I'd imagine they have a CYA clause about the images only being representative illustrations and the unit you receive may vary from the image(s). EDIT: especially given the quick rate of change on the production line this seems almost a certainty. With most manufacturers, you'd have to wait for the next model year, at which point you'd have a "clean" delineation and they could show you a more accurate representation on the order/build page.