Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing. This part, “The Smart Headlamps from Samsung will be included with Tesla vehicles, Korea IT Newsconfirmed yesterday. The Smart Headlamps are already in mass-production, and Tesla owners could see them installed in new vehicles very soon, the Korean media outlet added,” certainly suggests that the new global lights currently shipping with the M3 and MYP are maybe not the smart/matrix lights we’ve all been excited about — and they might be replaced with something better sooner rather than later.
This is interesting... If these are indeed different from the matrix lights already coming on the 3 and the MYP, then that's the 3rd light since the 3 launched, which doesn't seem very efficient with respect to economies of scale, but none of us can seem to predict what Tesla will do next. I'm just waiting for confirmation of 'any' matrix led light so I can lock in delivery.

Sorry, can someone fill me in about Tesla upgrading cars to a new 82kw battery pack??? Why would they be doing this? I'm in the dark!
The ScanMyTelsa app can show what size the pack is new. The Model 3 LR and P went to a 82kw pack a while ago. The MYP has the new pack. Most reports say the MYLR has the older 75kw pack.

Here is the thread talking about it:

My build date was 4/22 (Vin 180xxx). My SA had no clue about the lights. Delivery is set for 5/8. The car is due to arrive at the service center 5/4 which is close to where I work. I was going to snoop around after that date to see if I can spot it.

Qman, do you have a delivery date?
Ratsbew, do you know your build date?

Reactions: casey1202
My build date was 4/22 (Vin 180xxx). My SA had no clue about the lights. Delivery is set for 5/8. The car is due to arrive at the service center 5/4 which is close to where I work. I was going to snoop around after that date to see if I can spot it.

Qman, do you have a delivery date?
Ratsbew, do you know your build date?
no delivery date yet. It says May 4-10. Hasn't changed since Saturday. Before that it kept changing daily. I wonder how long it takes to bring these cars from Cali

Reactions: MYMY21
Ok so I just chatted with a rep through the chat box that pops up when you go to the site. I received a 179177 vin and asked the rep when my car was built. It was on 4/23 and asked if it included the new headlights and she immediately told me yes so I guess we will see.
Ok, this is great news! That's more people who have been told the same thing now!

Reactions: casey1202
I'm being told my build date is 4/21...which I'm not sure if that is April 2021 or April 21, 2021. Anyway, the guy in the chat said no nee headlights. I don't think they really know.
Hey, if my advisor said new headlights in text, I'm getting new headlights one way or another. He represents the company and I have to hold him accountable in any way I can!

Hey, if my advisor said new headlights in text, I'm getting new headlights one way or another. He represents the company and I have to hold him accountable in any way I can!
If you don't have the new lights upon delivery your only recourse is to reject the car and wait. I don't see retrofitting as an option. Even if technically possible, they have no incentive to do that. I don't think they care what their representatives say or don't say. You get what you get, so to speak.

Reactions: Drax and MIK3
If you don't have the new lights upon delivery your only recourse is to reject the car and wait. I don't see retrofitting as an option. Even if technically possible, they have no incentive to do that. I don't think they care what their representatives say or don't say. You get what you get, so to speak.
Seems like bad service but I agree. That is likely what will happen. Nevertheless, I will still bit my thumb at him.

From the Hella web site:

"One of the first light-based assistance systems was the dynamic bend lighting function, which was introduced in 2003. In this system, the light modules rotate according to the steering angle, nearly doubling the range of visibility in a curve.

One advanced development based on dynamic bend lighting is the Adaptive Frontlight System (AFS). This system uses both the steering angle and the vehicle speed as parameters for illuminating the road. Based on this internal information, a cylinder in the VarioX module is used to create various types of light distribution, including town light, country light, adverse weather and motorway light.

The development of the adaptive cut-off line (aCOL) goes one step further. This feature also utilizes data gathered from the vehicle’s surroundings to generate the light distribution. A camera detects oncoming traffic and cars ahead, and a stepper motor turns the cylinder of the VarioX module to the required position within milliseconds. This means that the light cone always ends directly in front of oncoming traffic, or just behind the car ahead of you."

Reactions: ansonurpants