Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, new to this, planning on ordering a MYP hopefully within the next couple of months, so I should be getting the new headlights since it’s a performance model, however, I was hoping someone had some information on the HEPA filter. Living in FL I’m sure that would help with pollen, allergies, etc. been following this thread for a while now and couldn’t find any info regarding the HEPA filter anywhere else. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone, new to this, planning on ordering a MYP hopefully within the next couple of months, so I should be getting the new headlights since it’s a performance model, however, I was hoping someone had some information on the HEPA filter. Living in FL I’m sure that would help with pollen, allergies, etc. been following this thread for a while now and couldn’t find any info regarding the HEPA filter anywhere else. Thanks in advance!
You are correct you should be getting the matrix headlights. The HEPA filter is only confirmed in China at the moment but it could they could start adding them any day in the US that is just how Tesla works.

You are correct you should be getting the matrix headlights. The HEPA filter is only confirmed in China at the moment but it could they could start adding them any day in the US that is just how Tesla works.
Thanks for your reply. I will continue following this thread in the hopes that someone will post that they received a new model Y with the HEPA filter.

Here's a new theory based on the additional Samsung partnership info.

The current matrix light are a global placeholder part to meet a general export requirement for headlights. Smart enough to conform to regulations easily, but too dumb for progressing Full Self Driving capabilities.

The Samsung light "might" actually be the smarter option that progresses FSD. If it does, I could see Tesla dangle it as an optional upgrade retro-fit (purchasable) for non-FSD cars, and a free upgrade for FSD cars.

They do have a history of upgrading/retro-fitting parts that progress FSD capabilities.

Aww man! I guess I can try to refuse delivery. Or how does one refuse delivery or I can't make it to the delivery day? Thanks in advance.
If this is truly a deal breaker for you, then I would call your SA and say you want to be unmatched to your VIN and place your order on hold (assuming you have a vin). Then watch the forums for visual confirmation of a MYLR with new lights and then click the “I’m ready to take delivery” button.

Alternatively, you could take delivery of a fantastic vehicle and enjoy it. I think it may get awkward if you try to refuse on delivery day. But you should definitely not expect the lights if you already have a vin as there have been several confirmed with the old lights and none with the new.

I’m going to go ahead and make the prediction that the functionality of the new headlights is never enhanced in the US. How long have Teslas had braking force indication in Europe? A year and a half or more?

I certainly hope I eat my words on this.

Reactions: qman66
I’m going to go ahead and make the prediction that the functionality of the new headlights is never enhanced in the US. How long have Teslas had braking force indication in Europe? A year and a half or more?

I certainly hope I eat my words on this.
I agree with you. Even the European version M3 with new headlights didn't really have any fancy feature. Clearly, there is no Adaptive Light when turning. High Beam was just normal "dumb" high beam. So, even the European version are like that, why would one expect anything better in the US version with more restrictive regulation.