Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model Y with new projector headlights in the USA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's funny that everyone here is waiting for something that might never come / be enabled in the US market. Meanwhile the price of the LR has gone up thousands of dollars and will keep going up while you all keep waiting. And for something that really don't make a difference in your experience. It's comical really.

Took delivery of my LRMY 7seater last night. Build date 4/22, VIN 180. Of course old headlights, but pristine build quality. I know fit and finish is discussed a lot, but the gaps on mine are all small and symmetric. I am really impressed.
This is really encouraging to hear. I’m placing my order in the next week or so and (obviously) would still prefer to get the global headlights but the overall build quality is much more important as I really value fit and finish. Congrats on the new car!

Last edited:
It's funny that everyone here is waiting for something that might never come / be enabled in the US market. Meanwhile the price of the LR has gone up thousands of dollars and will keep going up while you all keep waiting. And for something that really don't make a difference in your experience. It's comical really.
thats a lot of assumptions you are making. alot of ppl here might just prefer projector headlights look over reflectors regardless of whether the additional feature is enabled. also, you dont need to wait to place your order, you can always just place the order and put your order on hold.

and maybe you dont care abt how your car looks and it doesn't make a difference to you, but its clearly a difference maker for a large majority here, given the length and activity of this thread.

Reactions: MIK3 and Platini
My price is locked in with my delivery on hold.

thats a lot of assumptions you are making. alot of ppl here might just prefer projector headlights look over reflectors regardless of whether the additional feature is enabled. also, you dont need to wait to place your order, you can always just place the order and put your order on hold.

and maybe you dont care abt how your car looks and it doesn't make a difference to you, but its clearly a difference maker for a large majority here, given the length and activity of this thread.
Thats a lot of assumptions... a good portion of us are here eating popcorn in our Model Y LR's having known there is zero evidence that our trim model will ever receive the Global lights that dont do what half the people here assume they will.

This whole thread is based on a huge assumption 🤣

Reactions: Skyeforge