TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Any more invitations to design after the 23rd?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by EboMike, Nov 28, 2015.

1. EboMike

EboMike Member

#1 EboMike, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Seems like there was a big burst of invitations to design on the 23rd (which has been well documented on this forum). However, I don't see any entries on modelxtracker.com after that - was this a one-time burst, or has anybody received an invitation more recently than that? I didn't expect them to open the floodgates all the way, but I was hoping we'd be looking at a slow but constant stream of invitations.

2. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

you'll probably see a new push on most Monday's until the full reservation list has been exhausted........

3. EboMike

EboMike Member

That makes sense, thank you. I remember there being some magic date - you have 7 days to confirm after receiving the invitation? Or was that after configuring your car?

4. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

What happens if you do not confirm after 7 days? Lose reservation place in line?

5. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I think you have 7 days after you order to change your configuration. You can keep the configuration in limbo indefinitely until you press the order button.

6. TSLAX

TSLAX Member

I am production #1853. I have not been invited to configure my model X. However, I am hoping tomorrow turns into magic Monday and I receive the e mail.

7. Jack_L

Jack_L Member

Production # 27xx and nothing yet...hoping for Magic Monday too!

8. peterspd

peterspd peterspd

Just got the email #39xx.

9. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

4787 too. :)

10. TSLAX

TSLAX Member

Yesssssss. I configured a few hours ago. I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. I am so excited and now the wait for the actual vehicle begins ! Good Luck everyone! Happy Configuring!

11. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Congrats TSLAX... your disappointment and elation thread on the same page. Happy waiting for the next phase. I am probably a couple weeks out yet.

12. TSLAX

TSLAX Member

Aljohn, I hope you get invited soon. I know you have been waiting a long time too. I am just so happy to see progress in positive direction ! Many people think I must be completely insane to wait over three years for a car. BUT it is a special car! At least let's hope it is special.

13. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

#3747 (May, 2013) configured today!:biggrin:

14. EboMike

EboMike Member

If we're looking at about 2500 invitations per week, which is what this seems like, the majority of reservation holders (including me and my pathetic P#12745) may really get to configure their cars by the end of the year, as initially promised.

However, I would guess that delivery is still easily 6 months away for those with higher reservation numbers.

15. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Not if they opt for a performance version. There will be plenty of folks NOT choosing the P, and even others that go for the 70.