Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any MYP Owners Running Stock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am, granted it's only been a week but I have no intentions on changing it. Besides getting a separate winter set, these while they do ride "harsh" they are really no different than my previous Alfa Romeo Giulia so it's not a huge deal to me but it may be a much different experience depending on what car you're coming from.

Reactions: sjsharks33
I am. I may consider changing suspension though I really don’t feel the 2021 suspension is that bad. It handles better then my old Audi A3 while also riding smoother. Only time it really gets to be a bit much is when the road is a disaster.

While I only test drove the MYP a couple of hours, I thought the MYP wasn’t that bad as far as ride, but then again I haven’t had a chance to live with it long enough and driven through enough rough roads to know how bad it can be.

While I only test drove the MYP a couple of hours, I thought the MYP wasn’t that bad as far as ride, but then again I haven’t had a chance to live with it long enough and driven through enough rough roads to know how bad it can be.
I don't think it's that bad. It handles about the same as the sporty settings on any comparably quick vehicles (X3M, Porsche Macan Turbo, etc.) Granted those cars generally have adaptive suspension so they have a softer setting for the rest of the time.

I have about 3k miles on my MYP and no plans to change the suspension. The ride is perfect on the HWY. Yes, on some side roads it's a bit sharp and bumpy. Done several road trips and I find the car more comfortable overall then my outgoing Audi SQ5. Coilovers on a new car is just an unnecessary molestation unless you plan on racing the car, IMO. If I had to have something smooth, the answer would be a MS or MX, or some Audi E Tron. For winter driving in Tahoe I considered a square set of 20" induction wheels. But found a local seller selling his nearly new 21" uberturbine wheels, not a scratch on them. Couldn't pass up the deal, so now have an identical wheel setup for the winter. A square setup has advantages, and 20" tires certainly a bit cheaper. But the car looks better on the OEM 21s and the difference in ride quality between 20 and 21" is not significant with the same performance tire. Sure a soft sidewall all season may help, but if that's you're style, you're likely driving a LR and not the P.

Reactions: Mixman
I have about 3k miles on my MYP and no plans to change the suspension. The ride is perfect on the HWY. Yes, on some side roads it's a bit sharp and bumpy. Done several road trips and I find the car more comfortable overall then my outgoing Audi SQ5. Coilovers on a new car is just an unnecessary molestation unless you plan on racing the car, IMO. If I had to have something smooth, the answer would be a MS or MX, or some Audi E Tron. For winter driving in Tahoe I considered a square set of 20" induction wheels. But found a local seller selling his nearly new 21" uberturbine wheels, not a scratch on them. Couldn't pass up the deal, so now have an identical wheel setup for the winter. A square setup has advantages, and 20" tires certainly a bit cheaper. But the car looks better on the OEM 21s and the difference in ride quality between 20 and 21" is not significant with the same performance tire. Sure a soft sidewall all season may help, but if that's you're style, you're likely driving a LR and not the P.
This is good to know. The Ubers are the main concern with the MYP. I could live with them on the test drive, but wondering if I could live with them for years. Since I am leasing my aim is to buy the car that I will need to mod the least. The wheels would be the only thing I would even think of modding on the MYP. With the LR I would be tempted to get maybe a set of springs from UP and the AB, which I do consider a mod that I cannot take with me or sell after the lease is over.

My other concern is cracking a couple of the wheels and then having to make a decision to get another Uber or two or get new set of wheels/tires.

This is good to know. The Ubers are the main concern with the MYP. I could live with them on the test drive, but wondering if I could live with them for years. Since I am leasing my aim is to buy the car that I will need to mod the least. The wheels would be the only thing I would even think of modding on the MYP. With the LR I would be tempted to get maybe a set of springs from UP and the AB, which I do consider a mod that I cannot take with me or sell after the lease is over.

My other concern is cracking a couple of the wheels and then having to make a decision to get another Uber or two or get new set of wheels/tires.
Well the thing with your lease is you can’t buy the car at the end of the lease so it will have to go back with the same Ubers. You’re kinda stuck with it. Unless you buy a different set now and then save the Ubers for when you return the car.

Well the thing with your lease is you can’t buy the car at the end of the lease so it will have to go back with the same Ubers. You’re kinda stuck with it. Unless you buy a different set now and then save the Ubers for when you return the car.
Yes exactly what I mentioned, which is the reason for this thread. I am asking how people are living with the Ubers on a daily basis, because I know it will be expensive to change them out since I cannot sell them to fund new wheels.

Yes exactly what I mentioned, which is the reason for this thread. I am asking how people are living with the Ubers on a daily basis, because I know it will be expensive to change them out since I cannot sell them to fund new wheels.
You're gonna need tires for winter too. I'm not sure these are god enough or at all for snow tbh. start saving your pennies!

Running stock suspension with the 21“ Ubers, don’t plan to change that setup anytime soon. In the fall/winter I swap them out with a set of 20” TSportlines with winter tires. Suspension is firm but I wouldn’t necessarily consider it jarring. YMMV though, depending on your preference and the roads by you.

Running stock suspension with the 21“ Ubers, don’t plan to change that setup anytime soon. In the fall/winter I swap them out with a set of 20” TSportlines with winter tires. Suspension is firm but I wouldn’t necessarily consider it jarring. YMMV though, depending on your preference and the roads by you.
I am in central Jersey. Roads are not that bad here. On the test drive I took the MYP through the potholed streets of Trenton and that was not too bad considering.

Reactions: chisss
I plan on keeping the stock MYP set up because I actually like the wheels and feel of the suspension. I'm coming from a 2012 Hyundai Tucson so I think anything is an upgrade LOL and it honestly feels smooth to me, but as someone else mentioned it also depends on the car you previously came from so I can see why others don't like the feel. I do plan on buying a used set of Gemini wheels for winter set up which I'm sure will improve the ride quality, but I'm not complaining the way it's set up now.

I'm running stock and don't plan to change anything until its time for new tires. Then I am hoping some manufacturer will make some decent UHP All Seasons in the correct size AND have published, measured low rolling resistance numbers for them. I'm looking at you MIchelin.

If I end up deciding to drive to the mountains in the winter I will probably buy some 19" Geminis with winter tires so I can just swap them easily.

I really don't want to make more range sacrifices than I have to.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39